• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

October was Hottest ever

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

October was Hottest ever

Didn't feel so warm to me, or anyone else I know. But then who are we to argue with the GISS.

One of the worlds leading global warming institutes blindly publicised alarming, but obviously suspect data. Claimed a vast swathe of Russia was in meltdown in October. Thankfully some misceivous sceptics analysised the data and found that the Russian data had just been copied from previous month. Lazy Ruskies

Point is, are our governments committing trillions of $ to avert some disaster based on falsified/bad data.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/m.../16/do1610.xml

Originally posted by Turion View Post
    Point is, are our governments committing trillions of $ to avert some disaster based on falsified/bad data.
    The climate in Siberia (where I am from) is much much warmer than it was just 15-20 years ago.

Fossil fuels need to be urgently replaced to avoid backwards regimes getting lots of cash that they put into things that backfire at the West. If it helps address global warning then it is a large added bonus.

Comment

Are you rich yet then Atw? I have vague recollections of posts about big news coming, just round the corner, etc etc.

Has something happened yet?

Comment

Originally posted by shoes View Post
        Are you rich yet then Atw?
        That's offtopic.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          The climate in Siberia (where I am from) is much much warmer than it was just 15-20 years ago.

Fossil fuels need to be urgently replaced to avoid backwards regimes getting lots of cash that they put into things that backfire at the West. If it helps address global warning then it is a large added bonus.
          where I am from exiled
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
            where I am from exiled
            For the time being, for the time being...

Comment

I thought August was the warmest October we've had for years.

Comment

I didn't know that Octobers had even been competing for hotness. Well God bless them for trying. It must be so annoying to see the Julys and Augusts get all the attention every year.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                  I thought August was the warmest October we've had for years.
                  I don't think so, because August this year was the least sunny November we've had for years.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    For the time being, for the time being...
                    So there is a chance you will go back?

Comment

Working...
                    X