• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Just bought a Macbook pro!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just bought a Macbook pro!!

Lovely 15" screen
    Lovely keyboard
    Far too speedy for my needs
    Matte screen
    £1100

Yeah I bought the old model before they've all gone. Very chuffed with me choice. Spent the last few weeks trawling through reviews I just could not live with the glossy screen. Not to mention the extra weight & dimensions and reduced battery lifetime.

Business owner before me just bought 12 of them. I got one of the last 2 in the store.

Best of all is the price I've got almost the same performance from the latest model and a very pretty looking piece of kit.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Sounds like you need some Wetwipes
    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      Far too speedy for my needs
      What do you do with it, post on CUK?

32 GB RAM 2 x quad Xeons server I use is clearly not enough processing power, must have 6 core CPUs next time and 64 GB ram...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        What do you do with it, post on CUK?

32 GB RAM 2 x quad Xeons server I use is clearly not enough processing power, must have 6 core CPUs next time and 64 GB ram...
        So you're not using Linux then
        Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
          So you're not using Linux then
          No, Windows is much better when it comes to multi-threading

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            No, Windows is much better when it comes to multi-threading
            Coat for sir?
            ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
              Coat for sir?
              IGMC.

Comment

Working...
              X