• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Should we be selling all pounds asap ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you have non-definitive answer please comment instead of voting.
    Yes
    54.55%
    No
    45.45%

You forget the andyw option "andyw is a fx trader and loves straight line trends"

Comment

Do you mean sterling? A bit too late for selling that, it might fall further 15-20% though but the solution to this problem is to earn foreign currency that will convert into lots of pounds rather than convert small amount of pounds into even smaller amount of foreign currency.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        You forget the andyw option "andyw is a fx trader and loves straight line trends"
        In my opinion Andyw is an owners creation , as many others here , designed to judge members feelings about language on this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          Do you mean sterling? A bit too late for selling that, it might fall further 15-20% though but the solution to this problem is to earn foreign currency that will convert into lots of pounds rather than convert small amount of pounds into even smaller amount of foreign currency.
          But , there are gloomier and gloomier forecasts every day about the pound. You are indeed right though that working does help.

Comment

Originally posted by juststarting View Post
            In my opinion Andyw is an owners creation , as many others here , designed to judge members feelings about language on this forum.
            Eh?
            ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by juststarting View Post
              But , there are gloomier and gloomier forecasts every day about the pound. You are indeed right though that working does help.
              Speculating on exchange rates is the riskiest thing that you can do as nobody can ever know what is going to happen (of course, apart from atW and his infinite wisdom).

If you plan to stay in the UK it makes sense just to forget about it. It might make more sense for an expat to invest now in sterlings and convert all the savings if he/she plans to return. For anybody else, it is just too risky to play with these things.
              I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

I am sure we can pretty sure the short term trend for the £
                is down.

Gordon Brown and Mervyn King have made sure of that.

I wonder if we will see parity with the Euro

Comment

Originally posted by Francko View Post
                  Speculating on exchange rates is the riskiest thing that you can do as nobody can ever know what is going to happen (of course, apart from atW and his infinite wisdom).
                  Indeed, is true, no one knows how fast sterling is going to go down. Down like a dropped brick? Or down like one of those tank buster rockets that goes down and at the last moment explodes in a great cloud of down-ness, totally sterlising the contents...

Comment

Too late now. Best bet would be to get a job paid in Euro's for now. But then by the time you've spent all that time and money on flights/trains/taxis/hotels, might just as well stay at home earning £'s. I used to buy a fair bit of stuff from the US regularly by mail order, now I don't.
                    Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
                    Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Working...
                    X