• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

WotLK - How far in are you?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WotLK - How far in are you?

Seeing as there's a call of duty thread I thought I'd make a poll for the WoW players to see how much time you've put in since last Thursday..

Poll to follow

<--72 on the main, made a DK but not done anything with it yet, done 3 of the new instances (UK Nexus and the spider one).
    I don't play WoW but have plenty to say about people who do
    57.14%
    I haven't stopped - all characters at level 80 including my DK
    0.00%
    I'm taking it at a steady pace - it's not a race
    28.57%
    I killed AndyW and camped him until he logged off
    9.52%
    Can someone help me kill this ***^%£ DK called AndyW who is corpse camping me
    4.76%
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Bought a Six Demon Bag last night for 10g buyout.
    Such a bargain.

Rhubarb

Comment

I have a level 4 magic user, and his magic missle spell killed a goblin the other day, but the dungeon master told me to reroll as the die 20 had knocked against his dungeon masters rule book and he thought that was cheating.

Comment

Originally posted by tay View Post
        I have a level 4 magic user, and his magic missle spell killed a goblin the other day, but the dungeon master told me to reroll as the die 20 had knocked against his dungeon masters rule book and he thought that was cheating.
        fair enough IMO
        The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Nope. It's no good. I don't understand a word of what's being said here.

I'm off to a thread where they speak the Queens' English.

The vegetarian option.

Comment

Just broke level 71 last night, still exploring and doing random s**t but most of my guild are now 72/73/74.. I'll let them carry me through a few instances/raids.. Just wanna get my tailoring up to 420 so I can craft my flying carpet!
            The cycle of life: born > learn > work > learn > dead.

Comment

I just discovered WOW but I'm messing around on a 'private' server to see how it all works.

Dangerous stuff, don't know if it's a good thing working from home or not...
              Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
                I just discovered WOW but I'm messing around on a 'private' server to see how it all works.

Dangerous stuff, don't know if it's a good thing working from home or not...
                Private servers are crap, they have been messed with to let you level faster etc.. by the time you get into it you will need to go to the real server, start all again, except it takes 5x longer.. at this point you will get sick and jack it all in.

Comment

Originally posted by chris79 View Post
                  Private servers are crap, they have been messed with to let you level faster etc.. by the time you get into it you will need to go to the real server, start all again, except it takes 5x longer.. at this point you will get sick and jack it all in.
                  True, I'm playing on a Blizz like server so pretty much the same experience, no 40x leveling etc. Very few disconnects or other issues but I'm still not decided if I actually want to go with this, I'd never get any work done.
                  Me, me, me...

Comment

Yeah it can seriously damage your life if you become addicted to playing it.

In game you can type /played and it tells you in DAYS/HOURS/MINUTES how long you've been online playing your character.

One guy I was speaking to last week had a total of 210 days /played ... each day is 24 hours of gameplay.. so in effect he's spent 210 full 24 hour days of his life on his PC playing this character.

With the game having been out roughly 3 years, that's approximately 1000 days.. so 1000 / 210 equates to an average of 5 hours playtime every day for 3 years solid.

If you take a typical age of someone able to do this of say, 19 years old for instance (which is the age of the person who told me this).. then 365 * 19 = 6935 days alive. Taking a rough guide of 12 hours sleeping every day, that is 3467 days awake and able to play WoW.

(210 / 3467) * 100 = 6.06% of his entire living life playing a game.

*Quite crazy really.

*If I f**ked up any of the maths, that's why I'm not a maths teacher.

Comment

Working...
                    X