• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Berlin

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Berlin

.. what a great city
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Originally posted by chef View Post
    .. what a great city
    One of my favourite places in the world, I'd happily live there.
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
      One of my favourite places in the world, I'd happily live there.
      I agree, went for the first time this weekend, wasn't expecting much (i.e another typical German city), had a brilliant time

Comment

Thinking of going there myself. What did you do or would recommend?

Comment

It's like nowhere else I've ever been. I just remember goin out on the lash and wandering about from these amazing buildings (Potsdamer) and bits of the wall and half standing buildings absolutely riddled with bullet holes.

If evern there was a party city Berlin is it.
          "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Badger View Post
            walked miles, all the tourist stuff is very close together so there's no point in taking public transport but there's so much to see/do that you end up walking miles..

we did all the usual historical tourist bits (Brandenburg Gate, Reichstag, Hitlers Bunker, Berlin Wall, Checkpoint Charlie, Holocaust Memorial etc.), went to a flea market, did a museum or 2, generally just wandered around soaking up the atmosphere, then in the evenings we wandered around the districts of Kreuzberg, Friedrichshain and the old Jewish Quarter on a bar crawl trying to cover as much musical genres as possible and wondering if bars can get any weirder than the current one we were in

I think it helped that we were visiting a friend who's always lived there but it's definitely an interesting city and VERY cheap

Comment

Originally posted by Badger View Post
              Depends what you want - the tourist stuff is very interesting, the nightlife is excellent, there are civilised places to go and not so civilised....

Comment

Working...
              X