• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

School Admission Appeals

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

School Admission Appeals

Anybody had to go through this at all ??
    Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Only the once, when Eton wanted to give my kids entry exams.
    I set them straight on the matter. Kids got in without any pesky exams and I was invited to join the board.

- Threaded
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

All appeals should be banned.

AtW
      ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

I believe you can actually pay 'consultants' to help you get through this process!
        I knew someone who was considering using one.
        I have a friend who converted to Catholicism so she could send her daughter to a good school.
        BUT I also have a friend who sent her son to the local inner city comp with a dodgy reputation and he's just got a 2:1 from Cambridge

Not that this is of any help, but I thought I'd share
        I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
        CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
        CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

At junior/primary school level.

Council allocated new estates to catchment area of a particular school then decided those at extreme of catchment area would have to send their children to another school on the other side of town.

I argued that the council must have realised that the one school wouldn't be able to cope and they should have planned accordingly. There had even been a plot of land associated with the local Tesco store that was ear marked for a new primary school, to take the children from the new house developments, which didn't get built.

We were not the only ones to contest the decision and the appeal board agreed that the council had made a mistake and told the council to provide the local school with the facilities for an additional class.

Comment

Working...
          X