• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Citigroup cutting 52,000 jobs.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Citigroup cutting 52,000 jobs.

yes, thats 52 THOUSAND

http://uk.reuters.com/article/busine...e=businessNews

Originally posted by YHB View Post
    Still leaving 300,000 that's 3 HUNDRED THOUSAND
    I don't want to achieve immortality through my work... I want to achieve it through not dying...

Comment

still leaving us DOOMED

Comment

sorry I was wrong- its 72k

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/7733575.stm

Comment

So next time you will say 92k?

Comment

You are still wrong - its 75k. that's 75 THOUSAND

Comment

"The cuts will come from redundancies, the sale of units and natural wastage, the bank said"

I am not sure if they mean what I understand but I also work with a lot of "natural wastage" individuals.
              I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Hopefully they will spread it around evenly amongst many of their international high street branches and back office sites.

I hope the Canary Wharf branch doesn't get too badly affected.

And you all thought it was going to be 'permanent' well think again suckers !

Comment

Working...
                X