• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BNP Members list leaked on the internet

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BNP Members list leaked on the internet

THE MODS WONT ALLOW LINKS ALLOWED BY MUCH BIGGER FORUMS so please use google and type in complicated words like BNp and list (jeeze!)

It is my opinion that the mods are taking an action they 'think' is correct just because its less hassle thinking this one small thread on a reltively small forum will make any difference in the Internet ocean.

NOTE: I did not post the actual list, just the story on BBC etc and the link to one of the many blogs which has published it.

One of the largest websites in UK and the world which modded 24/7 is fine with it (Pistonheads.com and more)
    Last edited by YHB; 18 November 2008, 23:05.

All my neighbours!!!

Nah just kidding - not interested.
    McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
    Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

I've found a few people that live not too far from here.

It's not surprising, really, but still makes me
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

I don't think posting that was a very smart idea.

I know you may not have been responsible for getting the actual data, but you do have a responsibility not to perpetuate other people's personal information.

I have just spoken to Nick Griffin, and he informs me that they do know the source of the leak and are working in it at the moment.

ADMINS :

I asked Mr Griffin if I should ask the admins to remove the links in YHB's post and he said "it would be appreciated, yes".
        Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
          I don't think posting that was a very smart idea.

I know you may not have been responsible for getting the actual data, but you do have a responsibility not to perpetuate other people's personal information.

I have just spoken to Nick Griffin, and he informs me that they do know the source of the leak and are working in it at the moment.

ADMINS :

I asked Mr Griffin if I should ask the admins to remove the links in YHB's post and he said "it would be appreciated, yes".
          Its all over the intenet and its mentioned as genuine in the BBC website. ALL OTHER FORUMS ARE carrying it. anyone can now google it for eternity so dont be daft, now in the public domain and thats life.

The BNP will now vote against the stupid government anti privacy databases so good in my books

Comment

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/7736405.stm

Comment

There's a copy on my laptop
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

I certainly don't support BNP, but they are a legal party and are entitled to privacy as well as freedom of speech - I can't see how publication of this list is in the publics interest. It's not like this is the hit list of people they decided to kill at Day X, or something illegal.

IMO BNP might be scum of the earth but they are entitled to get their 1% of votes or whatever they get so long as they don't break the law. This country has got a much much bigger problem from another party called New Labour.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  I certainly don't support BNP, but they are a legal party and are entitled to privacy as well as freedom of speech - I can't see how publication of this list is in the publics interest. It's not like this is the hit list of people they decided to kill at Day X, or something illegal.

IMO BNP might be scum of the earth but they are entitled to get their 1% of votes or whatever they get so long as they don't break the law. This country has got a much much bigger problem from another party called New Labour.
                  Holy Moly AtW, I agree with you.

I'm not fan of the BNP, having been on the receiving end of a "get out of our country" tirade! but I know you are talking sense!
                  Last edited by cailin maith; 18 November 2008, 21:38.
                  Bazza gets caught
                  Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

OMG, I hate to think what the fallout of this is going to be.

I've seen comments on other forums about people saying "I'm a member and now everyone in my street, at work, etc knows this. I'm going to lose my job."

or "My son is a member of the party, he is part of their youth membership and under 18, and therefore classified by law as a child and therefore vulnerable."

This is going to be big news tomorrow in the papers....

Indeed, they are not an "illegal party" or anything like that.

However, I can only guess that are posts on other forums from anti-bnp extremists who are sharpening their proverbial knives and getting ready to cause trouble, in whatever shape or form.
                    Last edited by Board Game Geek; 18 November 2008, 21:38.
                    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Working...
                    X