• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Understanding the IT contractor market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Understanding the IT contractor market

Would you rather deal (as a client or contractor) with an agency that is full of professional men and women (of average looks) that understand technology, are close to their clients and behave with impeccable professionalism? or alternatively do you prefer being wined and dined by top totty with large bre*sts who dont know the difference between a computer and a potty?
    One that throws totty all over me
    65.22%
    One that is truly knowledgable and professional
    26.09%
    AndyW is my sole agent
    8.70%

The poll is expired.

Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    Would you rather deal (as a client or contractor) with an agency that is full of professional men and women (of average looks) that understand technology, are close to their clients and behave with impeccable professionalism? or alternatively do you prefer being wined and dined by top totty with large bre*sts who dont know the difference between a computer and a potty?
    Most agents don't know the difference between a computer and a potty. So they may as well have large breasts.
    Cats are evil.

Comment

Originally posted by swamp View Post
      Most agents don't know the difference between a computer and a potty. So they may as well have large breasts.
      Dodgy is getting on a bit and has put on a few pounds in recent years. However, to describe him as totty is really overstretching the imagination.

Comment

The question for a contractor is really which one gets us the best rates. Top totty and professionals are business expenses.

Comment

I once met an agent who claimed to have slept with a contractor to get them to take the gig!

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Dalek View Post
            The question for a contractor is really which one gets us the best rates. Top totty and professionals are business expenses.

Perks
            Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

All I really care about is that I get paid, they do their job (i.e. make sure extensions go through) and that they are reasonably honest with me.

My current joker for example....I dont think I got my last extension through with him until a week before I was due to leave, even though my manager had been actively trying to sort it out for 2 months prior. I had to chase said joker for info about what was happenning nearly 100% of the time. I just didn't feel like I could trust him.
              Stuff like that makes me want to walk - leave the gig just to get away from them.

However, they pay on time - which is their only saving grace at the moment. If the same happens next extension I'll be looking elsewhere and I'll never deal with them again.

The honesty thing...a lot of the time I develop financials systems, so why they think I wouldn't find out how much they're getting paid is beyond me. Just be reasonably straightforward with me about what % you're getting, dont try and wriggle my rate down saying that's all the client will pay, and just stop being c*cks basically. That's all I want from agents - just to stop being c*cks.
              The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                Dodgy is getting on a bit and has put on a few pounds in recent years. However, to describe him as totty is really overstretching the imagination.
                I tend to be popular with the old munters in HR
                Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

man boobs

Comment

So, you can't decide whether to give her the job or not?
                    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Working...
                    X