• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tech Architect to Accountant??

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tech Architect to Accountant??

I am a Technical Solution Architect by trade, and have been doing that for a number of years now. Though in my current contract have been getting more involved in budgets, supplier negotiations, financial aspects, and I have been enjoying it! The client seems to be pleased with my work in that area too

Anyone managed to combine architecture with number crunching? What sort of role would that be?
    Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

Originally posted by portseven View Post
    I am a Technical Solution Architect by trade, and have been doing that for a number of years now. Though in my current contract have been getting more involved in budgets, supplier negotiations, financial aspects, and I have been enjoying it! The client seems to be pleased with my work in that area too

Anyone managed to combine architecture with number crunching? What sort of role would that be?
    Technical Infrastructure Project Manager ?
    Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

Comment

I thought tech solution architecture DID include the number crunching.

Comment

Originally posted by portseven View Post

ERP

Comment

What you're doing is mostly called Project Management or Technical Project Management.

I became a PM by a very similar route.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
            What you're doing is mostly called Project Management or Technical Project Management.

I became a PM by a very similar route.
            Me too, the only drawback is you have to relinquish some of that architect responsibilty to give others a chance to have their say. So difficult when you actually know better! You have to let mistakes go live when you live by the numbers, there are no ethics or morals or best practise, it goes live or it's your fault.

Thankfully no project of mine has ever gone wrong but I've been lucky as some of my project teams have been complete muppets. ie a whole team of Server Admins that didn't know about boot flags so servers where using a fraction of the memory bought for them etc!

Comment

Working...
            X