• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How much noise should one make when walking around the office?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much noise should one make when walking around the office?

Dept Manager hits the floor really hard with every stride, maybe he's a robot (like the one which replaced Oscar Goldman in the Bionic man?). Anyway, I wear rubber soles, should I get some flippers so I can make a bigger sound?
    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    Dept Manager hits the floor really hard with every stride, maybe he's a robot (like the one which replaced Oscar Goldman in the Bionic man?). Anyway, I wear rubber soles, should I get some flippers so I can make a bigger sound?
    Don't bother. We'll still ignore you.

Comment

don't change out of your high heels when you get to the office
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

I tend to wear hard soled shoes so that my minions can hear me coming; it gives them a sporting chance to press alt-f4, put away their newspapers and take their feet off the desk. It just wouldn’t be gentlemanly to sneak up on them.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

maybe he's a robot (like the one which replaced Oscar Goldman in the Bionic man?).
          WHAT ?
          I don't remember this!

Rhubarb

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
            Don't bother. We'll still ignore you.
            If only there were a crying smilie
            The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

If only there were a crying smilie

Comment

To match your gills and tail?

Comment

should I get some flippers so I can make a bigger sound?
                  Best not to exacerbate the situation baggy. You are a big enough figure of mirth as it is.
                  “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Better that than a figure of girth

Comment

Working...
                    X