• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So it was our fault all along

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So it was our fault all along

http://www.contractoruk.com/news/004082.html

...and not the incompetant twonks that visited the kid 60 times.

Well, glad we got to the bottom of that one then.
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Hum - introduced in 2005 - so it only took the users nearly 3 years to find out it did not work!
    Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

Comment

Funny, I thought it was these people who caused the death of "Baby P"

<no names please>

I certainly know that I wasn't involved.
      Last edited by ferret; 20 November 2008, 13:11. Reason: names removed

Comment

I was kind of agreeing with the Prof. until this qoute:

“One assumes that Baby P's records in ICS were complete and up-to-date, but the complex sense-making that may have saved him could have been compromised as a result.”

Bored.

Comment

Tested by amateurs.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Anyone using IT as an excuse in all this ought to be tarred and feathered.

If the system was crap then people will have noticed long ago, and said something.

One real cause is that there were several whistle-blowers, and they informed the very top people, but they were forcibly shut-up.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
              Funny, I thought it was these people who caused the death of "Baby P"

<names removed>

I certainly know that I wasn't involved.
              WHS
              Last edited by ferret; 20 November 2008, 13:24. Reason: names removed
              Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Dalek View Post
                One real cause is that there were several whistle-blowers, and they informed the very top people, but they were forcibly shut-up.
                And I believe their professional reputation was deliberately smeared such that they had to resign (so my GF told me and she reads the Torygraph so it must be true)

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                  And I believe their professional reputation was deliberately smeared such that they had to resign (so my GF told me and she reads the Torygraph so it must be true)
                  For at least one whistleblower, they not only smeared her rep, they initiated a social services investigation into her own daughter, which could allow those she blew the whistle on to have her daughter taken away from her.

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
                    For at least one whistleblower, they not only smeared her rep, they initiated a social services investigation into her own daughter, which could allow those she blew the whistle on to have her daughter taken away from her.
                    Yes, some seriously evil bastards on both sides of the desk there. Well, one lot is in jail, the other lot should at least lose their jobs, immediately.

Comment

Working...
                    X