• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Abbey National have "frozen" my business account ! HELP NEEDED.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Basically I received a letter from Abbey this morning stating that the assets in my business account had been frozen. They had put a stop on my business account and they had notified the Treasury Solicitor (see http://www.bonavacantia.gov.uk).

Basically I had been using my Abbey Business account as a savings account AFTER the associated Limited Company that I used with the Abbey account to contract had been dissolved. I started pumping in savings after Dec 2004.

In Summary:

I opened the Abbey Business Account because Carter Allen/Flemming Business account would have charged me around £100 per month for having less than £1,000 in my current account (I only had £40 when I transferred it to Abbey and that continued from 2003/04 onwards). My IT contract for the Carter Allen bank account had lasted 1 year (via Limited) and ended July 2001 (accounts rolled on for about another year due to a slow accountant).

In short I am really upset about this, I have thousands of pounds in the ABBEY account how do I start getting at my money ?? has anyone had such a bad experience of this ??? please advise.

regards,

well why have they frozen it, it would be a good idea to find out, would it not?
    SA says;
    Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    (whatever these are)

Comment

feck's sake you lot

using a business account as a savings account

feck's sake

with all these anti money laundering laws and Gordon despo for cash do you really think closing a company and continuing to use its bank account will go unnoticed ?

feck's sake why didn't you just open a separate savings account

I don't know.

Milan.

Comment

...And you'd have got a better interest rate in a personal account.

I suspect this is some sort of con, and you've been found out.

Comment

3 months in custody without trial. Isn't this the sort of thing TERRORISTS do to hide their gun money?

Oh Dear. Expect your front door kicked in at any moment. I hope you're not, how shall I put it, slightly tanned?

Comment

during this time best to leave your rucksack at home

Milan.

Comment

You have (possibly inadvertantly) committed fraud by using the company account after the company has been dissolved . That is why the account has been frozen. Go and see a solicitor - you're going to need one if you want access to the money and to prevent a prosecution . They will want to know where the money came from and why you didn't put it in a personal account, so get your answers ready. It will be better if you make a pro-active attempt to resolve this rather than wait for the mountain of tulip that is accellerating towards you .

Oh, and another thing, get in touch with your company accountant and let him know how foolish you've been. He may be able to help but also if there is any kind of criminal investigation then he will most certainly be dragged into it so it might be courteous to let him know.

And another thing, as you posted this in the general forum, can we take the piss out of you now?
              Last edited by The Late, Great JC; 16 September 2005, 07:29.
              Oh Jesus - Disaster Management Ltd.
              You know you'll need us!

Comment

This is a money laundering offence, plain and simple (whether you realised it or not, and ignorance of the law is no defence). You need to take legal advice immediately.

Comment

it always makes I laugh when people on here who masquerade as being the wisest eventually come back with some real dip stick life experiences and questions

Eliquant, please tell, why did you do that ?

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes
                    it always makes I laugh when people on here who masquerade as being the wisest eventually come back with some real dip stick life experiences and questions

Eliquant, please tell, why did you do that ?

Milan.
                    Because he was getting ready to buy arms for a secret CIA operation headed by Threaded and his team of undercover agents disguised as Diplomats Wives.

And he would've got away with it too if it hadn't been for those pesky kids!

Feck me, I've just written the synopsis for Tom Clancy's next multi-million best seller(or Scooby-Doo - the old series, not the new one with that annoying sycophantic twat Scrappy-Doo)!

Which was nice.
                    Last edited by The Late, Great JC; 16 September 2005, 07:43.
                    Oh Jesus - Disaster Management Ltd.
                    You know you'll need us!

Comment

Working...
                    X