• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

eBay sniping

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

eBay sniping

I made a bid for an item a few days ago for something that I wasn't sure I wanted.

It was for charity though, so I bid a reasonably large amount (over £200).

I banked on someone sniping me, so I could feel good about at least trying to buy something for charity and donating to them.

Now, what the flip am I going to do with a £230 thing, because no-one sniped me and I'm stuck with the bloody thing?!?!?!?
    Last edited by TheFaQQer; 20 November 2008, 20:19.
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Think you're going to have to tell us what the Thing is.

Comment

Duck and cover folks - it's another Ebay thread!
      Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Mrs BP sold baby clothes for the eyeless trust - bundles costing £100 each. She got £5 for each bundle for charity!

Luckily I persuaded a friend doing a 125mile 24hour kayak to do it for charity - she raised £880

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          Mrs BP sold baby clothes for the eyeless trust - bundles costing £100 each. She got £5 for each bundle for charity!

Luckily I persuaded a friend doing a 125mile 24hour kayak to do it for charity - she raised £880
          Yum, females in wetsuits and spray decks, with a tight grip on the paddle developed over many years of practice.
          Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
          threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
            Yum, females in wetsuits and spray decks, with a tight grip on the paddle developed over many years of practice.
            mmm, and doing it with even strokes

(\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
              mmm, and doing it with even strokes

I lost the ability to type when I got there.

Where is maddog when you need him?
              Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
              threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
                Who do we know round here who has a paddle?

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                  I made a bid for an item a few days ago for something that I wasn't sure I wanted.

It was for charity though, so I bid a reasonably large amount (over £200).

I banked on someone sniping me, so I could feel good about at least trying to buy something for charity and donating to them.

Now, what the flip am I going to do with a £230 thing, because no-one sniped me and I'm stuck with the bloody thing?!?!?!?

Useful linky to explain your predicament here ...
                  Last edited by moorfield; 20 November 2008, 23:54.

Comment

The law of supply and demand doesn't apply to eBay, because AtW is there.

Comment

Working...
                    X