• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fessing up on stupid things you have done

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fessing up on stupid things you have done

I bought a brand new BMW 7 series and believed that when they charge for a pre-delivery inspection etc. that they actually do such a thing and secondly the car being brand new is actually road worthy.

Next time I buy a new BMW, which will be a cold day in h3ll, I will take an independant inspector along to check it over before I accept it.

Incidentally the pre-delivery inspection of a Lambo is now for a Lambo test driver to take it for a 100 km run, to the limit, essentially to make sure it really is ok to be given to a customer. Which is nice.
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

" for a Lambo test driver to take it for a 100 km run, to the limit",

is that before or after the components are run in ?

call me old fashioned.

Milan.

Comment

milanbenes: Components for cars are now made to very tight tolerances, you don't need "running in" any more.
      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Incidentally the pre-delivery inspection of a Lambo is now for a Lambo test driver to take it for a 100 km run, to the limit, essentially to make sure it really is ok to be given to a customer. Which is nice.
        Maybe one day you'll actually buy one... You know, add some substance to the bulltulip you so fragrantly espouse.

Which would be nice.
        Oh Jesus - Disaster Management Ltd.
        You know you'll need us!

Comment

aye,

and that'll be why engines don't last as long as they used to

tight tolerances, you mean a few thou more here and there.

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
            Next time I buy a new BMW, which will be a cold day in h3ll, I will take an independant inspector along to check it over before I accept it.
            You moving to Hull threaded? Nothing against it mind, but it seems a bit of a come down after Copenhagen and all those sophisticated places you hang out.

But you're right about buying a car on a cold day though, because if it does have problems starting in the cold that's how you find out up front before committing yourself.

(Talking about stupid things, the daftest thing I've done in a long time was to stop moving the mouse while ripping a CD, for fear the clicks would affect the sound! Mind you I was a bit pissed at the time.)
            Last edited by OwlHoot; 16 September 2005, 08:34.
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

funny,

I once owned a car that would start like a dream cold but wouldn't start when warm

Needless to say, sold it cold.

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes
                funny,

I once owned a car that would start like a dream cold but wouldn't start when warm
                Me too. And funnily enough it was a Peugeot! AKA FRENCH!

Comment

I bought a brand new BMW 7 series... blah, blah, blah... Incidentally the pre-delivery inspection of a Lambo is... blah, blah, blah...
                  You are so close to disappearing up your own a$$
                  Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

independent

Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Working...
                    X