• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mobile phone jammers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mobile phone jammers

Anyone used/own a mobile phone jammer?

I just got one of these although it will take 10 days to deliver.

Now i'm sure everyone has the right to make a call on public transport but when you spend 4 hours a day traveling and shazza is on the phone for 40 minutes on a Monday morning describing her 'man' pumping her in the club toilets on Friday night then it has to be done.

I wouldn't be too proud of it:

The use of any apparatus, whether or not wireless telegraphy apparatus, for the purpose of interfering with any wireless telegraphy, is an offence under the Wireless Telegraphy Act 2006. It is an indictable offence that on conviction in Crown Court carries a maximum penalty of two years imprisonment and/or an unlimited fine. The courts can also order forfeit of any apparatus used in the commission of the offence.

Jammers are devices which are intended to prevent radio equipment from receiving and transmitting the signals relevant to their function. Use of such devices therefore constitutes the specific offence of causing deliberate interference.

They are legal to own, though - you can just go down for two years and have an unlimited fine if you use it.
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

It's illegal you naughty you.

Please operate on my train.
      "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

But there can't be a jury in the land that would convict.......................

Comment

Sell it to Spooks, their plots need that technology so we don't have to endure yet another alqaeda terrorist cell threatening to blow up london via mobile phone bomb detonation.

I say endure. I count having to flick through the EPG past it as being bad enough.

You'd think the show was sponsored by the govermin to keep us all scared of those nasty bogeymen terrorists.
          Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
          Feist - I Feel It All
          Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

incidentally what did it cost you? I saw one a year back and it was over a grand... high price for piece and quite on the train!
            "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

If you use this Id watch your backside! Theyll be terror laws they can arrest you under - as much as it may be "fun" your ass will be visiting Bubba in prison if you get caught with this

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post

The use of any apparatus, whether or not wireless telegraphy apparatus, for the purpose of interfering with any wireless telegraphy, is an offence under the Wireless Telegraphy Act 2006.
                F**k that.

Minestone please PM me where you got this. I need one of these.

Comment

Surely would be difficult to prove usage especially for, say 10 seconds enough to cut off the lovely girl describing a rogering...wait a minute... what was your reason again?!?!

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by moorfield View Post
                    F**k that.

Minestone please PM me where you got this. I need one of these.
                    They are legal to own, as I said.

Just illegal to use, as Ofcom says.

But it's not like you can get clobbered for a massive fine or anything like that

The possibility of jamming something that should not be jammed, e.g. communication between emergency services, is something that should be considered, regardless of how annoying you find it that other people are using their phones.

I'm not sure I'd want one around me - they must be emitting some kind of signal constantly, which is strong enough to knock out the mobile signals around you.
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014
                    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                    X