• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Inland revenue have just sent me a letter...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inland revenue have just sent me a letter...

......trembling hands..........

You are due a repayment.

£15.45

Thanks Gordon, it's only fair I'm sure.

Now how comes a few month ago you told me I owed you money (which I paid) and now you owe me money? And then I'm sure I'll owe you money again and then no doubt (like always) you'll owe me money.

Fecking sort out your crappy EDS inspired tax computer!!!

funny - I was on a jolly in Paris a few months ago, eyes full of $$$ for all the extra work I was doing, the wife called to say we had a letter from the IR, saying, they owed us 5.5k now that made my stay in Paris, so I flew the wife out for a while!!!!

its only fair.
    SA says;
    Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    (whatever these are)

Comment

I've spent several years with a personal tax bill going back and forth from the IR to me: you owe us £2500, I pay, then I get a letter saying we owe you £3000, then you owe us £2900 etc etc

I gave this to my accountant to work out and he said "Don't worry about it, we haven't a clue what's happening, just bank it and keep quiet".

So I did. Which was nice.
      If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD
        I've spent several years with a personal tax bill going back and forth from the IR to me: you owe us £2500, I pay, then I get a letter saying we owe you £3000, then you owe us £2900 etc etc

I gave this to my accountant to work out and he said "Don't worry about it, we haven't a clue what's happening, just bank it and keep quiet".

So I did. Which was nice.

"The hardest thing to understand in the world is income tax".

Albert Einstien

Comment

Albert Einstien....You owe us lots of lolly.

Inland Revenue

Comment

Working...
          X