• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New IR35 review procedures

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New IR35 review procedures

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7156303.stm

This is reserved for cases where HMRC needs to send a strong deterrent message, or where the conduct involved is such that only a criminal sanction is appropriate.

Under any enquiry HMRC will charge the full amount of tax, and interest on the late paid tax.

It is possible that the first indication of a criminal prosecution might be a knock at the front door during breakfast.

The premises will be searched and it is possible that the person under investigation could be arrested and taken for interview under caution by the police.

Such cases include:

where the individual holds a position of trust or responsibility
    second offenders
    disguised employees (IR35)
    deliberate concealment and cases involving false or forged documents.
    Those cases may be prosecuted with a view to a jail sentence rather than the imposition of a civil penalty.
    First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

You'll never take me alive copper.

Blam blam blam blam blam.

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
      http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7156303.stm

This is reserved for cases where HMRC needs to send a strong deterrent message, or where the conduct involved is such that only a criminal sanction is appropriate.

Under any enquiry HMRC will charge the full amount of tax, and interest on the late paid tax.

It is possible that the first indication of a criminal prosecution might be a knock at the front door during breakfast.

The premises will be searched and it is possible that the person under investigation could be arrested and taken for interview under caution by the police.

Such cases include:

where the individual holds a position of trust or responsibility
      second offenders
      disguised employees (IR35)
      deliberate concealment and cases involving false or forged documents.
      Those cases may be prosecuted with a view to a jail sentence rather than the imposition of a civil penalty.
      you rotter,

you put that in to frighten us didn't you

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

"I must not fear.
        Fear is the mind-killer.
        Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
        I will face my fear.
        I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
        And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
        Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
        Only I will remain."
        Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
        threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

yes, yet more of a freedoms taken away from us. Looks like now HMRC (not just Customs & Excise) will be able to kick your door down or at least make demands to enter your premises as of April 2009 (ok if you obstruct I think they have the 'right' to charge you £60 per day after the point of obstruction).

I mean, I've got nothing to hide and any correspondance can be done via mail / solicitors so what on earth is this new law about ??

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
            In the next remake of Dune, Gordon Brown is going to play Baron Harkonnen
            Coffee's for closers

Comment

It's dark humour at its best: £billions spent on Iraq & Afghanistan; £billions spent on the Olympic Games; £billions spent on dole-scrounging scum and other toerag offal; £billions/£trillions? on the Great Brown Rescue; and now a Gestapo-like "You can expect a knock on the door in the early hours." warning for folk in work during an economic crisis. Please tell me I am in a coma and simply dreaming.
              Last edited by Bob Dalek; 21 November 2008, 10:15.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Dalek View Post
                It's dark humour at it's best: £billions spent on Iraq & Afghanistan; £billions spent on the Olympic Games; £billions spent on dole-scrounging scum and other toerag offal; £billions/£trillions? on the Great Brown Rescue; and now a Gestapo-like "You can expect a knock on the door in the early hours." warning for folk in work during an economic crisis. Please tell me I am in a coma and simply dreaming.

Welcome, to the real world........
                Who has time? Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have time?

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Dalek View Post
                  It's dark humour at it's best: £billions spent on Iraq & Afghanistan; £billions spent on the Olympic Games; £billions spent on dole-scrounging scum and other toerag offal; £billions/£trillions? on the Great Brown Rescue; and now a Gestapo-like "You can expect a knock on the door in the early hours." warning for folk in work during an economic crisis. Please tell me I am in a coma and simply dreaming.
                  It has been said that this planet is simply another planets hell.

Comment

Originally posted by BBC Website
                    Last Updated: Thursday, 27 December 2007, 14:40 GMT
                    Hardly "New IR35 review procedures", is it?
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014
                    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                    X