• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I saw something in the kitcken this morning.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw something in the kitcken this morning.

It was early morning ... about 9 AM and it was dark except for a weak light coming from the hallway . Whatever it was it was obviously very clever because I am not normally up so early and it was very well aware of that. It must have studied my behaviour.... scary.

So I am entering the kitchen and my eyes were still blurry but I saw something rushing from the garbage bag on the floor to a small hole below the cupboard. It was either a mouse or a roach.

No more unwrapped food on the table for me ..
    Last edited by juststarting; 21 November 2008, 09:19.

Originally posted by juststarting View Post
    It was early morning ... about 9 AM it was dark except for a weak light coming from the hallway . Whatever it was it was obviously very clever because I am not normally up so early and it was very well aware of that. It must have studied my behaviour.... scary.

So I am entering the kitchen and my eyes were still blurry but I saw something rushing from the garbage bag on the floor to a small hole behind the cupboard. It was either a mouse or a roach.

I've heard DodgyAgent has some cleaners who can help you with this.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

It was early morning ... about 9 AM and it was dark except for a weak light coming from the hallway . Whatever it was it was obviously very clever because I am not normally up so early and it was very well aware of that. It must have studied my behaviour.... scary.

So I am entering the kitchen and my eyes were still blurry but I saw something rushing from the garbage bag on the floor to a small hole below the cupboard. It was either a mouse or a roach.

I think a Mouse is more likely than a Roach.
      Si posse, recte, si non, quocumque modo rem

Comment

Put traps down. Cheapo snappy ones are very effective. If they don't catch anything on the first night, you've got scary big intelligent roaches.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Any mouse droppings around? Little black ovoids 2mm wide and 5mm long. Mice leave them everywhere.

Any signs of gnawing, e.g. around the hole? Rodents need to gnaw.

As a poster said, spring traps work well. Peanut butter is good bait. Once the trap has sprung, don't mess about, throw it out with the mouse. Nothing to do with not being squeamish: it smells of dying mouse, and any other mice around will really not like that smell.

I wouldn't poison them, they'll just die in their hole and rot. And attract vermin.

If there was only one, it probably wasn't a cockroach. Still, it was late for either mouse or roach so maybe the rest were back in bed. Insecticide will kill them but again they will die where you can't get at them. they also develop resistance. I don't know if repellents work. Roach traps do.

Comment

I saw something rushing from the garbage bag

Sounds like Top Cat and his friends as we call it rubbish in the UK
            The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Once saw a mouse pop up, burnt but still alive, from a friend's toaster. I decided to have cornflakes, instead.

Comment

just starting,

this is a contractor's forum,

'but I saw something rushing from the garbage bag on the floor ',

do you live in a squat ?

Milan.

Comment

We had rats in out student house. One drunken night after spotting it in my peripheral vision from the sofa, I chased around the kitchen and it scurried under the fridge. Spent the next ten minutes rocking the fridge to get the barsteward out but to no avail. A few weeks later the kitchen began to pong more than the usual student aromas. Lifted up the fridge to discover a maggot infested carcass of a Rat.
                  The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                    We had rats in out student house. One drunken night after spotting it in my peripheral vision from the sofa, I chased around the kitchen and it scurried under the fridge. Spent the next ten minutes rocking the fridge to get the barsteward out but to no avail. A few weeks later the kitchen began to pong more than the usual student aromas. Lifted up the fridge to discover a maggot infested carcass of a Rat.
                    Student meal for two.

Comment

Working...
                    X