• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Rail companies boomed!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rail companies boomed!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7741162.stm

Just when fuel is going down..these boneheads make train travel more expensive...
    McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
    Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

First Crapital Connect is, I believe, Britain's most overcrowded service. And up 9%? Hmmm... the fares went up only a few months back, and the service ain't any better for it. If I were a malcontent, I'd suspect f-ckery at play.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Dalek View Post
      First Crapital Connect is, I believe, Britain's most overcrowded service. And up 9%? Hmmm... the fares went up only a few months back, and the service ain't any better for it. If I were a malcontent, I'd suspect f-ckery at play.
      http://firstcrapitalconnect.co.uk/

Comment

Is it my imagination, or has the new National Express intercity service led to far more slowed-down-to-walking-pace moments during EVERY journey from King's Cross to ... anywhere?

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
          Ace!

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
            First class.

I used them for a year when they were Thameslink. Never again. Singularly the most unpleasant commute I've ever done. Still, at least it only affects the oiks from the likes of Luton, St Albans and Croydon.

Comment

Of course..their idea of "on time" is within 10 minutes - give or take 10 minutes. They exclude events such as when a switch breaks..so one has
              no clue what the overall, system-wide, performance really is. Except that its crap.

In Japan drivers are shot if the train is 1 minute late!
              Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
                In Japan drivers are shot if the train is 1 minute late!
                Ah, but in Japan they accept it as being for their own good.

Try doing that here...

Comment

In Britain the shareholder is always right / comes first.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                    Ah, but in Japan they accept it as being for their own good.

Try doing that here...
                    Too much health and safety red tape...and then there's the unions..

Comment

Working...
                    X