• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

MOT question

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MOT question

I have to sell a second hand car - 1998 Peugeot 306 (for about £2500).

Unfortunately, the MOT runs out on 14th October.

Should I put it through an MOT now and take a risk that there may be loads of work required for it to pass or should I just sell it quickly with 1 months MOT remaining ???

Answers or abuse will be fine.

MOT it. A car with 1 months MOT is about as saleable as one with no MOT.

Comment

Have MOT and if it costs too much to fix, sell it cheap.

Comment

Stick it through MOT (£20) if it passes or needs a little work then get it done. If it needs loads doing then sell it with 1 months MOT. Just tell them you haven't had it tested.

Comment

Originally posted by TwoJags
          Stick it through MOT (£20) if it passes or needs a little work then get it done. If it needs loads doing then sell it with 1 months MOT. Just tell them you haven't had it tested.
          That could get you into trouble.
          I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
          Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

I'm sure you've done much worse fiddle.

Comment

Originally posted by G8_Summit
              I have to sell a second hand car - 1998 Peugeot 306 (for about £2500).

Unfortunately, the MOT runs out on 14th October.

Should I put it through an MOT now and take a risk that there may be loads of work required for it to pass or should I just sell it quickly with 1 months MOT remaining ???

Answers or abuse will be fine.

Sounds alot of money for a 7 year old car, I guess it's a GTi 6?

Why not put it through the MOT now and find out what it needs?
              The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

I'm only going off Parkers price guide:

Parkers price

Think I'm going to put it in for MOT tomorrow and see what needs doing. Should be OK, but I have a niggle that there's something wrong with the suspension.

Comment

Parkers arent very accurate at the mo

Look at these

1998 PEUGEOT 306 1.9 D Turbo 5dr Diesel Hatchback,
                  Diesel, 117,000 miles, . meridian model, metalic blue. 5 door hatch, e/w, pas, c/locking, e/mirrors, 5 speed, blaupunkt r/cassette, f/fogs, FSH, MoT, 9 Months tax, good condition, 50+ mpg NO CANVASSERS. £1,550.

1998PEUGEOT 306 1.8 GLX Estate,
                  S reg. 60000 miles, FSH, 1 years Mot, PAS, central locking, electrics, alloys, roof rails, immaculate throughout, any inspection welcome. £1,850. ono.

1998PEUGEOT 306 Meridian 1.9 TD
                  S reg. 106000 miles,FSH, china blue, PAS, AC, EW, EM, twin airbags, CL, economical, excellent condition, taxed end of December, MoT May 06. £1,900. ono.
                  The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

I sold a 98 R reg 306xsi 12 months ago. It had 35k on the clock, full main dealer service history and was spotless. I was lucky to get £2,500 for it!

Comment

Working...
                    X