• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is working from home an option.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is working from home an option.

Hi

Though I'm in a rather cushy contract at the moment and one that looks like it will be extended ad-infinitum, I have been turning my thoughts towards working from home.

My wife is due to give birth to our first baby next February and with it I've been thinking of finding a way to spend more time at home. Unfortunately my current contract involves handling sensitive data and as such I'm not allowed to take it home with me.

I carry out data analysis work and developing front ends for databases in VB.Net and designing reporting tools via ASP pages (so the permies just need to click buttons rather than run SQL queries).

Have any of you found opportunities to work from home and if so were they advertised as such?

Working...
X