• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sorted - Verlängerung

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorted - Verlängerung

Its all been a bit tight at work recently with a number of contractors being let go, projects being put on hold and I was worried about mine as the software I work on is primarily for very large systems, i.e. banks. Just got a phone call saying another year extension (thats 3 years now.) Actually they asked if I would be interested in an extension first, guess what the answer was. Now to get drunk....
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Its all been a bit tight at work recently with a number of contractors being let go, projects being put on hold and I was worried about mine as the software I work on is primarily for very large systems, i.e. banks. Just got a phone call saying another year extension (thats 3 years now.) Actually they asked if I would be interested in an extension first, guess what the answer was. Now to get drunk....
    More importantly what does Verlängerung mean? Renewal?

And congrats, boomed etc.

Comment

Congrats, darmstadt!

Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
        More importantly what does Verlängerung mean? Renewal?

And congrats, boomed etc.
        Prolongation, extension etc.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

congrats.

The value of extensions in these times are invaluable.

"Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

excellent - but 12 months means only 1 months notice!

Comment

Originally posted by Liability View Post
              excellent - but 12 months means only 1 months notice!

Comment

Buggerit

Don't believe what agents tell you (rule no. 1 of contracting, must have forgotten it! ) After telling me that I had another 12 month extension, all contractors called into managements office one at a time today to say that all contracts are being terminated as of end of this year Over 120 at the last count, practically all testers are contractors along with a fair bit of level 3 support.

Still have a few irons in the fire and looks like I'll be working in the UK/Eire/USA axis next year
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                  all contracts are being terminated as of end of this year
                  Cheer up it could have been worse, also double check the translation maybe they meant "contractors"...

Comment

Noooooo !

What is German for benched?

Best of luck for your UK/Eire/USA ventures.

Comment

Working...
                    X