• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dodgy quizzes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dodgy quizzes

I went to a quiz last night. 10 points a round, except in the last round the organisers bizarrely set one question worth 24 points on its own - first and last names of all the people in this year's jungle show "I'm a celebrity get me out of here".

The dim team in last place happened to know the lot, and because they had forgotten to play their joker up to then, they doubled up to get 48 points from that one question, which catapulted them from last to first place and the prizes.

So I'll make sure I watch all reality shows in future.

Anyone else with a dodgy quiz experience?

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    I went to a quiz last night. 10 points a round, except in the last round the organisers bizarrely set one question worth 24 points on its own - first and last names of all the people in this year's jungle show "I'm a celebrity get me out of here".

The dim team in last place happened to know the lot, and because they had forgotten to play their joker up to then, they doubled up to get 48 points from that one question, which catapulted them from last to first place and the prizes.

So I'll make sure I watch all reality shows in future.

Anyone else with a dodgy quiz experience?
    Once entered a pub quiz with some student mates, back in the 80s, in Exeter. We won convincingly, but were awarded a bottle of Newcastle Brown each... the prize had, up until we won, been touted as champagne and £25 cash! Moral: the locals always win.

Comment

Here are another couple of reasons to watch "I'm a celebrity get me out of here":

I'M A CELEBRITY TO DROP BUSHTUCKER CHALLENGE AND JUST GO WITH THE TITTIES

Comment

I went to a quiz in Liverpool, the first question was 'who are you looking at ?'

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
          I went to a quiz in Liverpool, the first question was 'who are you looking at ?'

Did you just call my pint a poof?
          Throw them to the lions - WC2 5.4

Comment

Working...
          X