• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Vatican forgives John Lennon.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Vatican forgives John Lennon.

link vatican bbc

Happy now?
    Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Originally posted by MrMark View Post
    link vatican bbc

Happy now?
    What is his penance? 3 Hail Marys?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      What is his penance? 3 Hail Marys?
      He can move on from Purgatory.
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Just when you think Catholics can't be any more ridiculous...

This from an organisation that *finally* decided to forgive the Jews a few years back, for murdering Jesus, despite the fact that if he hadn't died their entire pompous overblown organisation wouldn't exist.

I'm sure Beatles fans the world over must be breathing a sigh of relief and catholics will be rushing out to buy beatles albums again.

Honestly...

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
          He can move on from Purgatory.
          I am sure it is a great comfort to him.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            I am sure it is a great comfort to him.

Comment

The paper described the remark as "showing off, bragging by a young English working-class musician who had grown up in the age of Elvis Presley and rock and roll and had enjoyed unexpected success".
              Ah, he only said something foolish because he was working class. So that's OK then.
              Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

L'Osservatore Romano recently got a new editor and now - apart from chronicling the Pope's daily doings and printing the texts of papal speeches - it sometimes runs articles on entertainment on inside pages, together with extensive reporting on world affairs.
                Unlikely that anyone is likely to ever read about this, given that they'll probably never make it to the entertainment pages because the articles about the popes daily 'doings' (I don't even wanna think about that) and the texts of his papal speeches must be just so incredibly rivetting it'd be impossible to drag yourself away from them...

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
                  Ah, he only said something foolish because he was working class. So that's OK then.
                  Rather like Jeremy Clarkson being able to do/say what he likes? As everyone knows its only tongue in cheek.

I believe he got away with doing a nazi salute once for that reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Stan.goodvibes View Post
                    Unlikely that anyone is likely to ever read about this, given that they'll probably never make it to the entertainment pages because the articles about the popes daily 'doings' (I don't even wanna think about that) and the texts of his papal speeches must be just so incredibly rivetting it'd be impossible to drag yourself away from them...
                    Don't you read the court circular in the paper in a morning/weekend? Well, it's much the same thing, except for church people.

Comment

Working...
                    X