• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Labour will be re-elected in June 09

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Labour will be re-elected in June 09

Gordon Brown is going to get away with it. The majority of UK voters believe:

1. The USA has caused all the UK's problems, not Gordon
    2. Gordon is the only man with the experience and ability to get us through it
    3. Gordon is in charge of the world recovery
    4. The Tories have nothing to contribute

Next June is probably the optimum point for an election, as Gordon's emergency giveaway budget is still fresh in the mind, and is still postponing the inevitable Sterling and UK economy crises.

Anything wrong with my logic?

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post

Next June is probably the optimum point for an election, as Gordon's emergency giveaway budget is still fresh in the mind, and is still postponing the inevitable Sterling and UK economy crises.

Sounds just like Gordon's logic, though whether it will wash with the electorate is another question
    "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Nothing at all, I think he'll get back in and maybe even increase his majority.

My analysis is more along the lines of the UK has gone barking mad, what further lunacy can possibly be heaped on it?

Comment

Unfortunately agree.

On point 3, remember though Obama will be the one person in the limelight come January. Nobody will want to speak to Brown, no matter how hard he tries. Brown will be desperate for a state visit from the new president before June...
        Cats are evil.

Comment

I agree - as long as the sun doesnt turn against him.

And I dont see any difference between GB and DC - we need a Maggie.

Comment

There is SOME element of blame on the US, at least.
            I can't judge his ability. But who else has any experience?
            They can say stuff, but are an unknown quantity due to massive lack of experience. How many of the shadow cabinet were in powerful positions last time they were in power?
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              we need a Maggie.
              I agree, weekly or bi-weekly stoning, floggings and other ritual humiliation of Maggie would go some way to raising the morale of the country.

In fact the best thing she could do now for the country would be to croak, I for one am in need of a good old street party.
              Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

we need a Maggie

You Tory boys make I larf. Maggie was the one who began this boom and bust nonsense by deregulating financial services - NL just perpetuated it to its logical conclusion.

And no, I'm not a NL advocate either, but get real FFS!
                Last edited by Shimano105; 24 November 2008, 11:20. Reason: ?

Comment

Originally posted by Shimano105 View Post
                  we need a Maggie

You Tory boys make I larf. Maggie was the one who began this boom and bust nonsense by deregulating financial services - NL just perpetuated it to its logical conclusion.

Aha! Here's a real question then.

Banks are in trouble because they lent far more than they were taking in through savings, thus going into the red. In what year did banks start doing this?

Comment

Originally posted by Shimano105 View Post
                    we need a Maggie

Read my posts - I hate the torys. No point voting at next election - nothing to choose betwen GB or DC.

We need someone who will balance the books and make us live within our means.

Are you trying to tell me there was no boom/bust before maggie?

Well I suppose the 1970s were almost entirely bust.......

Comment

Working...
                    X