DodgyAgent
24th November 2008, 15:33
It's true they did, no really look :yay::yay::yay::yay:

http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=670422&rss=yes

oracleslave
24th November 2008, 15:36
It's true they did, no really look :yay::yay::yay::yay:

http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=670422&rss=yes

After this last weekend I am surprised you have the audacity to bring the topic of rugby up :wink

DodgyAgent
24th November 2008, 15:46
After this last weekend I am surprised you have the audacity to bring the topic of rugby up :wink

I'm a scot now

MacDodgy

:happy

oracleslave
24th November 2008, 15:52
I'm a scot now

MacDodgy

:happy

:laugh go Andy Murray etc etc

tay
24th November 2008, 16:34
A Scottish rugby supporter? A rare breed indeed. But I suppose you are used to follwowng useless rugby teams.

DodgyAgent
24th November 2008, 16:53
A Scottish rugby supporter? A rare breed indeed. But I suppose you are used to follwowng useless rugby teams.

I see the cockiness has already started. Well enjoy it cos it'll be another 30 years before you win another, by which time we will have acquired a hatful of grand slam tennis titles, a load of biking prizes and a fistful of curling titles.

:moon:

tay
24th November 2008, 17:16
Have I mentioned that after playing Ireland, Wales and Scotland, not only have the AB's won every game, they havent conceded a single try in any of those games or conceded any points in the second half of any of those games. :banana: :banana: :banana:

The 6N is the second divison of world rugby.

As a Scotland rugby supporter... your team has never beaten the AB's :banana:

DodgyAgent
24th November 2008, 17:23
Have I mentioned that after playing Ireland, Wales and Scotland, not only have the AB's won every game, they havent conceded a single try in any of those games or conceded any points in the second half of any of those games. :banana: :banana: :banana:

The 6N is the second divison of world rugby.

As a Scotland rugby supporter... your team has never beaten the AB's :banana:

I get my pleasure in watching the kiwis trying to sell their rugby world cup final tickets to Poms, Saffers and Aussies :laugh

tay
24th November 2008, 18:06
I get my pleasure in watching the kiwis trying to sell their rugby world cup final tickets to Poms, Saffers and Aussies :laugh

Trying??? It was xmas time.... some people I know sold there ticket for £2000.

Stan.goodvibes
24th November 2008, 19:28
Say what you like about our not-so-good record at the Rugby World Cup - the ABs have kicked everyones butt this year in Rugby - these later games against inferior European teams just required the AB 'B' Team.

The League win, while fantastic (and not just due to a dodgy ref decision as the Aussies would hope to beleive) doesn't really assuage our national desire for another Rugby World Cup win (real rugby, not just league).

Oh well, next ones at home - perhaps I can finally erase the memory of paying 150 quid to get into Twickers in '99 only to see the ABs lose to France...

TykeMerc
24th November 2008, 19:49
Trying??? It was xmas time.... some people I know sold there ticket for £2000.

:spel

But apparently they didn't sell you the ability to spell a simple word like THEIR.

tay
24th November 2008, 20:00
We are talking sports not spelling/typos.

But I guess you are clutchng at straws. :rollin:

TykeMerc
24th November 2008, 20:12
We are talking sports not spelling/typos.

But I guess you are clutchng at straws. :rollin:

Not really, THERE has a completely different meaning from THEIR, what you actually wrote had no meaning at all, the words just sound the same.

I don't give two hoots what team wins what match so long as it's a good competitive game which provides entertainment.

tay
24th November 2008, 21:08
I don't give two hoots what team wins what match so long as it's a good competitive game which provides entertainment.

:rollin: :rollin: Lame

Alf W
24th November 2008, 21:15
The All Blacks have always been the best team inbetween World Cups when everyone else is building for the next one. Then they usually choke at the finals.

Anyone well done to the NZ Rugny League team. The end of that game was one of the funniest moments in sport ever. I love seeing the Aussies humiliated. They are like 6 year old children.

TykeMerc
24th November 2008, 22:39
GB Rugby League hasn't been competitive for ages and the switch to summer rugby and the so called Super League certainly didn't help matters.

The Southern Hemisphere teams are much better to watch.

tay
25th November 2008, 09:20
The All Blacks have always been the best team inbetween World Cups when everyone else is building for the next one. Then they usually choke at the finals.

You are confusing Football with rugby. Typical from a pom.

Every test match counts in Rugby. Tell a Saffa that losing tests outside WC's doesnt matter. :rollin:

Go back to football Alf.

Mailman
25th November 2008, 10:32
:laugh go Andy Murray etc etc

Was he the fullback? :rollin:

Mailman

Mailman
25th November 2008, 10:34
:spel

But apparently they didn't sell you the ability to spell a simple word like THEIR.

Mate, for £2000 I would willingly mispel there! :rollin:

Mailman

Mailman
25th November 2008, 10:37
You are confusing Football with rugby. Typical from a pom.

Every test match counts in Rugby. Tell a Saffa that losing tests outside WC's doesnt matter. :rollin:

Go back to football Alf.

On a serious note, this is the danger rugby faces...where internationals between world cups become about as important as poofball "friendly" matches.

If Rugby ends up like poofball, the sport will die simply because Rugby has always revolved around test match rugby where the clubs play second fiddle to the national team.

Well, thats how its played in the Southern Hemisphere. Maybe if the poofs up here paid a little bit more attention to the advancement of the game and a little less attention to advancing their wallets, you guys might actually no longer have teams that have never beaten the mighty blackness :rollin:

Mailman

oracleslave
25th November 2008, 10:46
the mighty blackness :rollin:

Is that like the space between your ears? I don't see the value of test matches between world cups being diminished at all. Try telling that to an international coach from one of the top tier teams when they lose a few games on the trot.

DodgyAgent
25th November 2008, 10:47
On a serious note, this is the danger rugby faces...where internationals between world cups become about as important as poofball "friendly" matches.

If Rugby ends up like poofball, the sport will die simply because Rugby has always revolved around test match rugby where the clubs play second fiddle to the national team.

Well, thats how its played in the Southern Hemisphere. Maybe if the poofs up here paid a little bit more attention to the advancement of the game and a little less attention to advancing their wallets, you guys might actually no longer have teams that have never beaten the mighty blackness :rollin:

Mailman

I agree there should be a special cup awarded to the All Blacks as best team "between world cups" :laugh

Mailman
25th November 2008, 11:17
You see, thats the difference between us DA.

We expect our team to win every game...you lot expect yours to lose every game so when you actually manage to win one its like the first time you discovered your right hand in the toilets :rollin:

Mailman

tay
25th November 2008, 11:26
I agree there should be a special cup awarded to the All Blacks as best team "between world cups" :laugh

Actually to be fair, most true rugby fans worldwide know how important all test matches are.
It is just the bandwagon ignoirant idiots like Alf that try and apply their sporting knowledge all gained from football that try and play down the importance of tets matches.

Most true england rugby fans are not happy this week... or they now support Scotland.

Alf W
25th November 2008, 12:07
Actually to be fair, most true rugby fans worldwide know how important all test matches are.
It is just the bandwagon ignoirant idiots like Alf that try and apply their sporting knowledge all gained from football that try and play down the importance of tets matches.

Most true england rugby fans are not happy this week... or they now support Scotland.

:spel ignorant

I agree there should be a special cup awarded to the All Blacks as best team "between world cups"

The Choke Cup

tay
25th November 2008, 12:57

The Choke Cup

How did your team go at the weekend?

Mailman
25th November 2008, 16:35
Actually, how did they go the week before as well? :rollin:

Mailman

Stan.goodvibes
26th November 2008, 00:14
The Choke Cup

If there was a choke cup it would be won by the English every time. Tim Hendman, the English Football World Cup squad, the cricket team etc etc etc. You are a nation of chokers, although incredibly the gag reflex was suppressed during the Olympics (well except for Paula Radcliffe - but she holds the Worlds Greatest Choker award in perpetuity).

The Rugby World Cup clearly doesn't decide the best rugby team in the world, just the one who happens to be best at that tournament. I think when the ABs won the inaugural World Cup back in '87 they just figured that it obviously wasn't that difficult and its nothing to get too excited about...

tay
26th November 2008, 09:35
You forgot not even qualifying for Euro 2008.....

DodgyAgent
26th November 2008, 09:46
If there was a choke cup it would be won by the English every time. Tim Hendman, the English Football World Cup squad, the cricket team etc etc etc. You are a nation of chokers, although incredibly the gag reflex was suppressed during the Olympics (well except for Paula Radcliffe - but she holds the Worlds Greatest Choker award in perpetuity).

The Rugby World Cup clearly doesn't decide the best rugby team in the world, just the one who happens to be best at that tournament. I think when the ABs won the inaugural World Cup back in '87 they just figured that it obviously wasn't that difficult and its nothing to get too excited about...

:rollin::rollin::rollin::rollin::rollin::rollin:

Mailman
27th November 2008, 15:05
Well Stan, DA certainly showed you mate! :rollin:

Mailman

DodgyAgent
27th November 2008, 15:55
Well Stan, DA certainly showed you mate! :rollin:

Mailman

So has the world cup now been downgraded in order of importance just because the All Blacks cat win it ??? :laugh:laugh

Mailman
27th November 2008, 16:03
Dunno, has it been upgraded in importance because England has won it just as many times as the Blackness? :rollin:

Mailman

Stan.goodvibes
27th November 2008, 18:28
So has the world cup now been downgraded in order of importance just because the All Blacks cat win it ??? :laugh:laugh

Well to be honest I think the world cup kinda sucks, and not just coz the ABs suck at it. Even the Football World Cup sucks - none of these tournaments live up to the hype. Its all overblown and everyone gets stressed and depressed when [England or The All Blacks] get knocked out of the Cup.

I much prefer just watching my personally favorite team(s) playing on a Saturday, secure in the knowledge that 'you can't win them all' and happy to cheer on a win but also sanguine enough to accept a loss.

This year the Abs got their ass handed to them a couple of times but they dug deep and pulled off some crucial wins to take the Tri-nations and the Bledisloe. Quite frankly it was far more entertaining and much better rugby than the World Cup, so I actually could live without the World Cup getting in the way of the normal rugby season.