• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

My domain name (nameserver) host has gone!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My domain name (nameserver) host has gone!

Help.

I have several domains registered with www.freeparking.co.uk

Their nameservers seem to have gone kapput and the freeparking website does not seem to exist?

What happens if the company that your registered your domains through vanishes and you are using their nameservers?

How do move forward?

First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
    Help.

Their nameservers seem to have gone kapput and the freeparking website does not seem to exist?

What happens if the company that your registered your domains through vanishes and you are using their nameservers?

How do move forward?

Your first port of call should probably be whoever manages the top level domain, e.g. http://www.nic.uk/ for .uk domains.

Comment

Looks like freeparking.co.uk are back now - must have been a glitch in the Matrix.

Comment

Help.

How do move forward?

Aaaargh, dont do that to me - i've got all my own domains plus a ton of client's names registered with them. Nearly soiled myself when i read the first post.

Good question though - what happens in the event someone like that DOES go under? Anyone tried: http://www.opendns.com/

Comment

Yes www.freeparking.co.uk seem to have re-appeared. Gave me a fright!

Does anyone know what happens if the company you have registered all your domain names with goes kaput?

Firstly, no on can get to any of your websites as the nameservers are gone, and you can't login to move to another domain name host.

Sounds like a nightmare. Worth knowing what to do and how long it would take, especially if you have plan b websites that are effectively in no mans land and you are losing business.
          First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Yes www.freeparking.co.uk seem to have re-appeared. Gave me a fright!

Does anyone know what happens if the company you have registered all your domain names with goes kaput?

Firstly, no on can get to any of your websites as the nameservers are gone, and you can't login to move to another domain name host.

Sounds like a nightmare. Worth knowing what to do and how long it would take, especially if you have plan b websites that are effectively in no mans land and you are losing business.
            You have to create your own internet. That's probably what kicks-off SkyNet.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Dalek View Post
              You have to create your own internet. That's probably what kicks-off SkyNet.
              Similar to what China are doing right now - creatine their own Internet although with it being so tight and controlled not alot of info about on it.

Comment

Depends, if you own the names but are parking them there just change the nameserver they are held on.

If they bought the domains on your behalf however...... PANIC!!!

Comment

Working...
                X