• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

there maybe trouble ahead..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

there maybe trouble ahead..

I was meant to have a meeting with the dept manager here this afternoon to agree final deliverable migration plans etc. before i finish next week..

I asked him when he wanted the meeting, he looked very stressed, he's a very open honest guy and basically said that he'd been told by his account manager that there were budget issues for his dept. and he's got an urgent meeting and so cant make the meeting with me and that he may have some news tomorrow..

so what do the panel think is the likely outcome?
    great news, they are under budget, an extension and rate rise for chef
    0.00%
    who cares news, there is budget issues, cutbacks ahead but i finish my last 2 weeks
    33.33%
    bad news, no budget, please leave asap
    33.33%
    worst news, no budget and his signing arm no longer works for this weeks timesheet
    16.67%
    andyw news, he's moving out of his mum's house
    16.67%
    Last edited by chef; 24 November 2008, 16:28.
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Just face the music and dance...

And if you do end up back in Manchester - there is always the German market, if you feel a little nostalgic.

Hope it goes in your favor

I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Priority - if you are key to the project youll be ok - if not youll be out.

So are you key?

Comment

well,

if i dont stay for the extra week, the work is working and complete but 90% of it is on my machine, hence the migration plans need arranging for next week..

but, the work itself is mainly bug fixes and minor changes for a bespoke system that i've spent the last 3 months working on..
        The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Working...
        X