• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Spencer Michael Consultancy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Spencer Michael Consultancy

Watching this programme on the British Boardcasting Company's light entertainment channel reminded me there is no limit to the gullibility of the human condition. These poor wretched people keep hanging on to the dream of untold riches by a prophet who has seen the light, the immaculate conception of the "big idea". His company gave birth to a hope, a promise, a prayer that the unfortunates crave. And it was all chronicled in a gospel according to the BBC. Unfortunately things got a little messy at the end, but I am sure that can be editted out in years to come, and of course Spencer will rise again ...

Read more here
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/watchdog/report...050322_2.shtml
    Last edited by Jabberwocky; 16 September 2005, 12:12.

Is this that Bobby Ball double who has dodgy looking adverts in the 'less intellectually demandind' papers?
    Autom...Sprow...Canna...Tik banna...Sandwol...But no sera smee

Comment

people are inherently stupid. Especially when they want to be rich!

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

if the deal sounds too good to be true that's because it is too good to be true...

"Spencer promised us a property portfolio of over 1 million pounds in three months, we've been with him for eight months and we've got nothing except huge debts and massive stress."",

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by WageSlave
          Is this that Bobby Ball double who has dodgy looking adverts in the 'less intellectually demandind' papers?
          After a quick google, looks like he's black. So I got that one wrong!

Comment

Originally posted by WageSlave
            After a quick google, looks like he's black. So I got that one wrong!
            If he's got a grey afro, he could be a negative of Bobby Ball - an "Anti Bobby"!
            Oh Jesus - Disaster Management Ltd.
            You know you'll need us!

Comment

Originally posted by The Late, Great JC
              If he's got a grey afro, he could be a negative of Bobby Ball - an "Anti Bobby"!

Comment

Actually I watched the programme and he seemed to do nothing wrong apart from part fools and their money. No high pressure sales, just spin a "too good to be true" business plan and then put his hand out. Some were falling over themselves to pay him. Not really his fault is it?

Good luck to the bloke. I'll be a millionaire in only another 11 months. I will. Won't I.... Where's that coonts phone number...

Comment

A Fool and his Money are soon parted ....

PS anybody care to lend me a fiver till next Friday ?

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock
                    A Fool and his Money are soon parted ....

PS anybody care to lend me a fiver till next Friday ?
                    no problem 100% interest and your wife as deposit.
                    SA says;
                    Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                    (whatever these are)

Comment

Working...
                    X