• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

MI5 Job Applications might take another dip for a while

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MI5 Job Applications might take another dip for a while

Anyone see next week's episode of Spooks (the one they show on BBC 3 at 10:30pm) ?

Apparently a couple of years ago the real MI5 had something of a recruitment crisis after one episode involving an unfortunate incident with a chip fryer, and now another of the regulars has flaked out in a pool of blood.

In case anyone following it missed this episode, I won't spoil the suspense by revealing any details. But I suspect that the person who turned out in the end to be the mole in fact wasn't and that Renaissance was a double (or triple? ) bluff.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Anyone see next week's episode of Spooks (the one they show on BBC 3 at 10:30pm) ?

Apparently a couple of years ago the real MI5 had something of a recruitment crisis after one episode involving an unfortunate incident with a chip fryer, and now another of the regulars has flaked out in a pool of blood.

In case anyone following it missed this episode, I won't spoil the suspense by revealing any details. But I suspect that the person who turned out in the end to be the mole in fact wasn't and that Renaissance was a double (or triple? ) bluff.
    Was a good episode surprised they got rid of that character that got killed.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
      It's a tough life in MI5...

Must sting a bit if you get your head fried though.

And that was in the 1st series...
      What kind of person applies for a job in the civil service? I thought most came from the job centre and for places like MI5 is why they have recruitment officers at the universities, to grab young impressionable minds before they know what real work is like.

Comment

I think all that 'a tap on the shoulder at Oxbridge' stuff is over. You can actually just apply now.

Comment

Indeed.

It died the death when the Russians were found to be rather better at it than our lot...
          Who'd want to be a Giant Alien Lizard anyway?

I'm sure it's a bit of a bugger when you go undercover!

Comment

I missed spooks again last night

Forgot all about it
            Bazza gets caught
            Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
              I missed spooks again last night

Forgot all about it
              Just watched it. V good episode. Next week looks good too.

and one link for you... www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer
              ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
                Just watched it. V good episode. Next week looks good too.

and one link for you... www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer
                Thank you - I might give it a blast tonight!
                Bazza gets caught
                Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

..Must sting a bit if you get your head fried though....
                  Not for long.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

MI5 pay around £23K for a Data Analyst.

Absolutely pathetic wage.

Comment

Working...
                    X