• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Marry in haste.....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marry in haste.....

Actress Zellweger ends marriage

Oscar-winning actress Renee Zellweger and country singer Kenny Chesney are seeking an annulment after four months of marriage.
    The Bridget Jones star, 36, married Chesney, 37, on a Caribbean beach in May, having met four months earlier at a benefit for tsunami victims.

In court papers Zellweger listed "fraud" as the reason for the break-up but did not elaborate.
    Chesney is one of the biggest country music stars in the US.

He was named entertainer of the year at the US Academy of Country Music awards in May, with hits including Me and You and She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy.

Zellweger won a best supporting actress Oscar for Cold Mountain in 2004, and was also nominated for her roles in Chicago and Bridget Jones's Diary.

It was the first marriage for both Zellweger and Chesney.

In US law, an annulment is a decree that a marriage was invalid from its outset.

Anyone seeking an annulment on the grounds of "fraud" must prove that their partner misrepresented some matter that was vital to the marriage.

This may include the concealment of a fact such as an existing spouse, permanent impotence or a criminal history.

If either party was under the influence of drugs or alcohol when the marriage took place, it may also be grounds for its annulment.

However, Zellweger's lawyer and her spokeswoman Nanci Ryder declined to give any details regarding the "fraud" claim in this case.

In her court submission, Zellweger also demanded that the court rule out the possibility of spousal financial support for Chesney.

The pair first met at the Concert of Hope tsunami relief benefit in January, where Chesney was singing and Zellweger was answering telephones.

From The Beeb
    Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

I'd give her one but don't tell the wife...
    Oh Jesus - Disaster Management Ltd.
    You know you'll need us!

Comment

I reckon she should have to pay 50% of all her future earnings to him!

Mailman

Comment

Wife

Originally posted by The Late, Great JC
        I'd give her one but don't tell the wife...

JC...and you a religious type!

Comment

Originally posted by Darren@1stAccountancyServ
          JC...and you a religious type!
          Hey, I couldn't help being the sun of god!

I never went around saying "Thou Shalt Not...". I was the one who used to say "Blessed are the..." and all that crap.
          Oh Jesus - Disaster Management Ltd.
          You know you'll need us!

Comment

Fraud? Hmmm, or simply grounds to avoid parting with a large sum of cash?
            Autom...Sprow...Canna...Tik banna...Sandwol...But no sera smee

Comment

If either party was under the influence of drugs or alcohol when the marriage took place, it may also be grounds for its annulment.
              Does that mean that all Vegas marriages are null and void?

Comment

Be interesting to see if we ever find out what the fraud is.

My bet is that he is gay...why? Not a clue just for some reason most male stars these days turn out to be gay/bisexual

Comment

Originally posted by datestamp
                  Does that mean that all Vegas marriages are null and void?
                  Easy datestamp -I got married in Vegas!!
                  Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Comment

Originally posted by Chico
                    Easy datestamp -I got married in Vegas!!

Chico the Chav!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X