• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Browns policies.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Browns policies.

Something bothers me and I cant be the only one.

Ok as a general population we are in billions of debt (not including mortgage debt) largely due to to much available credit, borrowing beyond our means, housing is (was!) over priced, peoples pockets dont stretch as far as they used to due to rises in all costs but more importantly including essential costs (water, gas, elec, pertrol).

I know im generalising, but greed, living beyond our means and a lack of financial education from a young age are the single biggest reasons for the mess we are in.

Why then is the government not encouraging people to be more responsible, save money, avoid taking on credit, regulate the credit industry to stop this nonsense of 30+ % apr deals, etc.....

Instead they are trying to release the credit block so we can again access easy cheap credit, thus continuing the cycle...and to top it all off borrowing billions themselves in a "buy-now-tax payer-pays-later" policy.

rant over

He's probably after creating a mini boom and heading for the ballot box before he's found out.

Comment

well i'll keep pocketing my tidy little day rate then move abroad when it all goes pear shaped again for good!

Comment

Originally posted by NetwkSupport View Post
        well i'll keep pocketing my tidy little day rate then move abroad when it all goes pear shaped again for good!
        Just watch out for them bringing exchange controls back in via some back door.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Dalek View Post
          He's probably after creating a mini boom and heading for the ballot box before he's found out.
          WHS.

Brown needs the boom back (even if it only lasts a few months) in order to secure the next election by the great unwashed / uneducated. That's all that matters.

Then once safely in power again, we'll be looking at a 90%+ tax take for all middle income earners for a very long time. All that debt and borrowing has to be paid back by those that didn't borrow and are still working. That's you and me.

Those thinking of escaping will find a worthless pound.

Enjoy!
          First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
            Brown needs the boom back (even if it only lasts a few months) in order to secure the next election by the great unwashed / uneducated. That's all that matters.
            Does any of this stuff actually have any impact on the great unwashed? They continue to not work, they continue to get the same amount of benefits - how is this going to change their voting habits, if they even bother?

Comment

Can't we all just march on parliament like in the old days and oust our ineffective leader?

Comment

Alistair Darling was interviewed on R4 this morning. According to him, New Labour have reduced the debt burden since they took office in 1997. John Humphries did say that was an out and out lie but Captain Darling said it was true.

So it must be...
                Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Can't we all just march on parliament like in the old days and oust our ineffective leader?
                  Off with his head.
                  And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Can't we all just march on parliament like in the old days
                    Thats illegal too...
                    Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Working...
                    X