• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mouseprice.com

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mouseprice.com

Anyone seen http://www.mouseprice.com/default.aspx

I have registered (takes 2 minutes) and you can put in any postcode and select a property and it gives you an estimate of the current value (updated monthly) based on a number of factors which they say is pretty accurate.

I had my house valued recently and the system here was spot on.

Interesting some houses for sale when put into this system appear to be very overvalued.

Home owners really haven't woken up to the reality of house prices post credit crunch.

Give it a try.
    First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

just had a look

it's either over priced my house by 20% or I paid 20% less than the market price for it
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

I'm quite happy with that, given the doom news...
      Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

www.zoopla.com
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

good find. The pictures are even more recent that the ones on Google Earth

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Looking closer, it seems my neighbours place, which is exactly the same as mine but with a much smaller plot, is worth £20K more than mine. I put that down to the discounted price I paid being used to generate the valuation in some way.

Horses for courses...
            Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
              Looking closer, it seems my neighbours place, which is exactly the same as mine but with a much smaller plot, is worth £20K more than mine. I put that down to the discounted price I paid being used to generate the valuation in some way.

Horses for courses...
              Same kind of thing with me.

Although I did find the house next door, almost identical, sold for £8,500 in 2002.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                Same kind of thing with me.

Although I did find the house next door, almost identical, sold for £8,500 in 2002.
                Same with me. Mine was listed at land registry price from purchase last year: surely that cannot be the value now. Next door is listed at 20k higher, which must be an extrapolation since they bought it in the 1970s.

What people really want to know now is how much it has fallen in the last year.

Comment

Rubbish! Apparently, the identical house over the road is worth £40K more.
                  Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

I'm pleasantly surprised. I thought the house we're renting would cost close to £550k to buy. Apparently it's only £447k.

Boomed - if we can persuade the wizened old landlord to sell up in 12 months time. And mortgages are still available...
                    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Working...
                    X