• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

income shifting - on ice

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

income shifting - on ice

There are so many threads flying around on the PBR this may have been done already. Apologies if so, but look what they snuck out into the press last night.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/f...-reprieve.html

Big Up for the PCG.

i'll second that

Comment

I thought this thread was about another reality TV show.

How disappointing.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
        I thought this thread was about another reality TV show.

How disappointing.

Comment

Am I right in believing that you can only use income shifting if married?

Comment

Originally posted by Hiram King Of Tyre View Post
            If you mean use the current legislation to share income from your business with others , then no you do not need to be married. Common-law partners; same-sex couples; married couples etc can all take advantage of the ability to share income.

Comment

You can shift it to me if you like.
              ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

If you mean can non married couples who both have shares in a limited company that declares dividends not both receive income from that distribution then you are wrong. Any shareholders of a limited company can normally receive income from dividends declared.

Income Shifting is a nonsense phrase that has no meaning in law (a bit like Personal Service Company).

Comment

My accountant ells me that I can't take advantage because I'm not married

Comment

My accountant ells me that I can't take advantage because I'm not married
                    On what basis? The only reason that I can think of may be CGT on the transaction of transfering the shares and that's only a minor complication which can be easily got round.

Might your accountant not fancy the hassle?

Comment

Working...
                    X