• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ah Grasshopper

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah Grasshopper

when I was a youngster, I sed to while away my days watching Kung Fu, Columbo and stuff like Alias Smith and Jones.

We wern't worried about credit crunches, bank bail outs or any of that rubbish

ah,halcyon days

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

I was never happier than when I was riding my friend's chopper.
    Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post

ah,halcyon days

* Terrorists on the rampage (Munich Olympics, Bader Meinhoff, Carlos the Jackal, airplane hijacks, IRA)
      * Energy crisis
      * Strikes
      * Only 3 TV channels
      * No Bombay Bad Boy

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Dalek View Post
        * Terrorists on the rampage (Munich Olympics, Bader Meinhoff, Carlos the Jackal, airplane hijacks, IRA)
        * Energy crisis
        * Strikes
        * Only 3 TV channels
        * No Bombay Bad Boy
        when you can take the stone from my hand, Grasshopper-Robert
        Then you can leave this place

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
          I was never happier than when I was riding my friend's chopper.
          Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

I always aspired to a chopper but only ever got a Grifter..... Ah those were the days

Comment

Originally posted by badger7579 View Post
              I always aspired to a chopper but only ever got a Grifter..... Ah those were the days
              i had a raleigh budgie.. i loved it, purple

£225 now on ebay

it also was complete with Spokey Dokeys : Coloured plastic balls that you fitted to the spokes of your bike (got them from cornflakes and monster munch packets) so that when you rode around slowly they would clatter up and down noisily and when you rode fast the centrifugal force would push them all out to the wheel rim and they would just look like a coloured blur.
              Last edited by chef; 25 November 2008, 16:24.
              The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Tomahawk for me, my mates chopper was too large...............
                Who has time? Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have time?

Comment

My folks got me a Chopper but it was an adults one and I was only 7 - Ok I was tall but that really was taking the pi55. I couldn't touch the floor. To get on I used to stand on a wall and set off - if I was lucky! Getting off was harder as I'd have to jump off the bike back onto the wall. They got shut of it after 3 days due to the accidents I'd had. The last one was when I but a huge dent in the door of a mini with my head. I'd tried to get off onto the wall, lost my balance and fallen the other way and crashing into the car. I think they never wanted Grandkids either because that gear stick would get me pretty much every turn of the peddles.
                  Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by badger7579 View Post
                    Didn't a Grifter weigh about the same as an Austin Princess?
                    Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Working...
                    X