• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Do I / Don't I ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do I / Don't I ?

well for some time now I've been taking so fairly good photos, sold a few which is always a bonus, can also put everthing through the company.

But I've now found I developed a problem, I can't stop buying kit for the camera. So I'm now looking at some new glass. Ether a 10-20mm f2.8 or a nifty 50, and I keep thinking, no don't do it, then, sod it why not.

So the question is do I splash the cash or not. (and should I wait until the VAT rate has dropped )
    SA says;
    Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    (whatever these are)

Originally posted by n5gooner View Post
    But I've now found I developed a problem, I can't stop buying kit for the camera.
    Is this because you need retail therapy and have developed a shopping habit or because you think it will help you take better pics? Are you as good as you can be with your existing kit?

Comment

SPLASH

Gordo needs your VAT
      "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

How nifty a 50?

You can get a 1.8 for under £60 on amazon - prob cheaper elsewhere, so why is it an issue - just skip one night out and you've got a new lens...
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
          Is this because you need retail therapy and have developed a shopping habit or because you think it will help you take better pics? Are you as good as you can be with your existing kit?
          new glass will open up new possibilities, and give me the chance to learn new stuff......but I'm sure some of it is from my need to spend cash!
          SA says;
          Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

(whatever these are)

Comment

Yes.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
              How nifty a 50?

You can get a 1.8 for under £60 on amazon - prob cheaper elsewhere, so why is it an issue - just skip one night out and you've got a new lens...
              yea that one's not an issue, but the other is about £1200
              SA says;

(whatever these are)

Comment

new glass will open up new possibilities, and give me the chance to learn new stuff......but I'm sure some of it is from my need to spend cash!
                2 birds with 1 stone then. Buy buy buy!

And you'll be doing the country a favour.

GB.

Comment

well for some time now I've been taking so fairly good photos, sold a few which is always a bonus, can also put everthing through the company.

But I've now found I developed a problem, I can't stop buying kit for the camera. So I'm now looking at some new glass. Ether a 10-20mm f2.8 or a nifty 50, and I keep thinking, no don't do it, then, sod it why not.

So the question is do I splash the cash or not. (and should I wait until the VAT rate has dropped )
                  If you are doing it for your hobby and you can afford it and you will use it, then why not?
                  If however you're doing it because you have aspirations to become a pro and you think that you'll need it for your kit, then think again.

Years ago, I used to work as a photographer/technician for an Metallurgical laboratory and used to hire pro equipment to do shots for the company mag. - Could you try hiring to see if you would get much use from a lens before buying?
                  I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                  CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
                  CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

If it's giving you pleasure, then buy everything you fancy. Even if your photos are poo, so what? I collect magic tricks. I am crap at preforming them; never put me off buying 'em.

Comment

Working...
                    X