• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Recession Blog Apology

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recession Blog Apology

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7748085.stm

what offence could he have caused?
    Coffee's for closers

He said: "Interestingly on many counts, recession can be good for us. People tend to smoke less, drink less alcohol, eat less rich food and spend time at home with their families."
    Anyone who spends all their time at the pub smoking, drinking and eating steak and chips while ignoring their families would be mightily offended at the suggestion that their behaviour should be seen in a bad light.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
      Anyone who spends all their time at the pub smoking, drinking and eating steak and chips while ignoring their families would be mightily offended at the suggestion that their behaviour should be seen in a bad light.
      Thanks, I must have missed that

Right, i'm off to the pub before the wife starts nagging at me for smoking again
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

I thought recessions were a natural part f the business cycle?

Comment

Gosh a Tory makes a little joke and it's all over the papers with graphic blow by blow details of each syllable.

Gordo fscks up the entire economy and goes on a massive borrowing, taxing and spending bender and hardly a murmur.
          Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
          threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
            Gosh a Tory makes a little joke and it's all over the papers with graphic blow by blow details of each syllable.

Gordo fscks up the entire economy and goes on a massive borrowing, taxing and spending bender and hardly a murmur.
            Government by headline
            (\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
            X