• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cakes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cakes

Nice when the permies bring in cakes for their birthday. No idea who's birthday it is but will be going for seconds shortly.

one office i worked in all the office would bring in cakes 2-3 times a week.

you could tell when the contractors brought in stuff as the quality went from tescos jam doughnuts to crispy creme
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

If you are working at the BBC then it is my wife, she spent last night cooking cakes for her leaving.

Comment

Your right, it's Tesco jam doughnuts, and eclairs.

Comment

Originally posted by Badger View Post
          Nice when the permies bring in cakes for their birthday. No idea who's birthday it is but will be going for seconds shortly.
          When permie, I'd use any excuse to bake a chocolate cake for the team, birthdays, Eid, Hanukkah etc.. and when I finish a contract I usually take one in too.
          I love baking, and people seem to really enjoy home made stuff.
          I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
          CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
          CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by tay View Post
            If you are working at the BBC then it is my wife, she spent last night cooking cakes for her leaving.

What! Ssomeone at the BBC not expensing an item. Well done Mrs Tay.

Comment

Originally posted by tay View Post
              Does this mean you'll be on your toes soon as well?
              ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

the office i worked in, it was any old excuse for cakes or biscuits.

i remember asking someone if it was their birthday or summat and the reply was "no, it's wednesday!"
                "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
                  Does this mean you'll be on your toes soon as well?

Comment

Tesco doughnuts are sometimes really good. The problem is the quality is quite variable... I only buy them when they look light and fluffy instead of thick and stodgy.

Personally, I really like apple ones. But Fudge doughnuts (custard filled, fudge on top) are my favourite when I missed breakfast to run for the train and it's cold and raining... or used to be before I worked from home. I do miss them...
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X