• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Question for Bob

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question for Bob

These magic tricks that you collect sound interesting so I have a few questions:

Where do you get them from and how much do they cost?
    What kind of tricks are they?
    How many do you have?
    Any recommendations for an amateur?

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
    These magic tricks that you collect sound interesting so I have a few questions:

Where do you get them from and how much do they cost?
    What kind of tricks are they?
    How many do you have?
    Any recommendations for an amateur?
    the 'one ahead' card trick that he explained was brill.

I tried it on the family and it went down a treat

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
      the 'one ahead' card trick that he explained was brill.

I tried it on the family and it went down a treat

Was looking for the link to that earlier but no luck. You have it?

Comment

Go online and search for "magic shop". The USA ones are best and some show you the trick as it will look to the audience. Go for the better ones and don't scrimp. I avoid the difficult "Involves palming, sleight of hand, etc." tricks - it will takes decades to learn properly. Top tip: "proper" magicians spend hours every day learning the sleight of hand stuff. You won't have the time.

Comment

WHS, can't find it.

Comment

sorry, no
            but I got the trick down to a t

if Bob cant help I will give you a rundown

(\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

I explained the 'one ahead' card trick quite recently and the false thumb trick. If someone called Bob did the same, I don't know about that one. Can't be arsed to search.

Comment

I tend to get my supplies from here .

They also do instant downloads, explaning a trick in detail, since a lot of tricks don't need props...just knowledge of how the trick works.

For an amateur, I'd recommend self-working tricks to start with, with little to no sleight of hand.

Practice your skills, then decide where your interests lie and expand in that area.
                Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post

They also do instant downloads, explaning a trick in detail, since a lot of tricks don't need props...just knowledge of how the trick works.

For an amateur, I'd recommend self-working tricks to start with, with little to no sleight of hand.

Practice your skills, then decide where your interests lie and expand in that area.
                  Ta BGG.

Comment

Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post

Are you available for kid's parties? Is this your Plan B?
                    Illegitimus non carborundum est!

Comment

Working...
                    X