• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Detroit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Detroit

Now that Detroit has no commercial use, should it now be given back to the Buffalo herds.
    I'm alright Jack

hee hee hee. Good one.

Comment

"...put your hands up, put your hands up, put your hands up for detroit, I love this city..."

Comment

I worked there a few years ago, only place I heard people say be careful instead of have a nice day.
        Me, me, me...

Comment

Ford and GM will survive but the other one will go bust - there are just too many car manufactures and nobody can make decent money anymore. Chrysler is the weakest and everyone is just waiting for them to go bust officially.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYPqA4slnbQ

Comment

I Heard It Through The Grapevine that they'll be no Dancing in the Streets in Detroit.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                Ford and GM will survive but the other one will go bust - there are just too many car manufactures and nobody can make decent money anymore. Chrysler is the weakest and everyone is just waiting for them to go bust officially.
                Had some experience of working with one of the two 'survivors,' you identify. IMO they deserve it, they define the word dinosaur. Chrysler has been set up as the fall guy; much smaller than the other two and just cut loose by Daimler.

Likely the US could sustain it's total loss a whole pile easier than Ford / GMC going.

Originally posted by NoddY View Post
                I Heard It Through The Grapevine that they'll be no Dancing in the Streets in Detroit.
                And I hope there won't be!

Comment

Originally posted by HeliCraig View Post
                  Chrysler has been set up as the fall guy; much smaller than the other two and just cut loose by Daimler.
                  It set itself up - looks like Mercedes got out of that trap so I just can't see it surviving now - the sooner Chrysler files for bankrupcy (proper) the better for everyone really.

Comment

Working...
                  X