• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

If I was the Chancellor of the Exchequer...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I was the Chancellor of the Exchequer...

I'd introduce these taxes on day 1:

1) 95% income tax on Labour party members

2) 60% income tax on those who vote Labour

3) 99% retrospective property speculation tax on capital gains from property sales made during 2000-2010.

What would you do?

I'd increase VAT.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      I'd introduce these taxes on day 1:

1) 95% income tax on Labour party members

2) 60% income tax on those who vote Labour

3) 99% retrospective property speculation tax on capital gains from property sales made during 2000-2010.

What would you do?
      100% tax on those living in Birmingham. And pot noodles.......

Comment

1. Run the economy in a prudent and fiscally responsible manner
        2. Redistribute the wealth of the middle classes to "hard working" families on the dole.
        3. No more boom and bust
        4. Try and become Prime Minister.
        If you've got a problem and no one else can help, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire...Gordon Brown ...( cue music )

Comment

I'd put all the money into a secret bank account and then do a Reggie Perrin.

Comment

Prepare my run for leader of the Opposition by dissing the bloke next door who's fault it all was.
            When money ceases to be the tool by which men deal with one another, then men become the tools of men. Blood, whips and guns--or dollars. Take your choice - Ayn Rand, Atlas.

Comment

I would put my weight behind an impressive new project like the Great Pyramid of Bootle. see other threads for details

(\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                I would put my weight behind an impressive new project like the Great Pyramid of Bootle. see other threads for details
                No... it was boring the first time you mentioned it.

Comment

Working...
                X