• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Supermarket beep……

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Supermarket beep……

This place is doing my head in – literally.

There is some POS kit that has been beeping away all day. Most people seem able to zone out.

This guy from another project sitting 10 feet away from the beeping noises goes over to the kit and starts to press buttons and kick the kit. As in, kicking.

I challenged the guy, he admitted to it, and said it was ok, it was what the kit owners did to silence the kit.

Spoke to the kit owner, who was adamant that the kit must never be silenced and that people should tolerate a persistant beeping all day.

I expressed that the guy was probably married and has enough whining at home, hence having it at work has sent him over the edge.

Went back to the guy kicking off, had the ‘you are a contractor, you need to put up and shut up’ chat.

Meanwhile, asked the kit owner if he could silence the kit, but he refuses to look into options. Ironically this kit is next to the most stressed out project in the north of England at present with go-live happening on Monday.

Think I need to go to the car park with a colleague later on…..

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post

There is some POS kit that has been beeping away all day. Most people seem able to zone out.

This guy from another project sitting 10 feet away from the beeping noises goes over to the kit and starts to press buttons and kick the kit. As in, kicking.

I challenged the guy, he admitted to it, and said it was ok, it was what the kit owners did to silence the kit.

Spoke to the kit owner, who was adamant that the kit must never be silenced and that people should tolerate a persistant beeping all day.

I expressed that the guy was probably married and has enough whining at home, hence having it at work has sent him over the edge.

Went back to the guy kicking off, had the ‘you are a contractor, you need to put up and shut up’ chat.

Meanwhile, asked the kit owner if he could silence the kit, but he refuses to look into options. Ironically this kit is next to the most stressed out project in the north of England at present with go-live happening on Monday.

car park cottaging?

Comment

Originally posted by Liability View Post
      car park cottaging?

dogging
      "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Do you have any stats to prove that?

Comment

what is this "kit" your talking of?

have you ruled out that he could be a terrorist and this "kit" is a bomb?

you must consider these things wilmslow, especially given your "frank & betty" life history..
          The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

I don't have anything meaningful to add, I just fancied the idea of quoting Wilmslow.

Comment

kenco vending can be contacted on:
              01494 837342

the beeping is probably a servicing overdue warning
              Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post

dogging
                Indeed - was just trying to spot the closet doggers - well done. I wouldnt know these things so just thought it was cottaging

Comment

beep

Comment

things dont beep without a reason. It might be radio-active

beep
                    (\__/)
                    (>'.'<)
                    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                    X