• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Beware you contractors, Toxic wives on the prowl

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beware you contractors, Toxic wives on the prowl

For those of you still earning without having to have taken rate cuts recently watch out!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/portal/ma...116.xml&page=2

If you meet a woman (and lets face it pulling birds is not exactly a contractor strong point is it? )

1 Her eyes will clock your car keys to check you drive an expensive machine. She'll also take in your shoes and your watch. Be aware of her eyes subtly darting around you.

2 She won't waste time with much small talk; within the first 10 minutes she will have established how rich you are. This will be a covert operation as she doesn't want you to think she is a gold-digger. Simple questions such as ''Where did you go on holiday this year?'' or ''Have you ever done the Cresta Run?'' are, in fact, loaded.

3 She will choose the most expensive item on the menu or the most expensive drink.

4 She will be dressed provocatively and flirt without first finding out if you're involved with someone else. She has no scruples about stealing another woman's man.

5 She may be highly educated, an Oxford graduate for example, but beware an intelligent woman who plays down her academic achievements and hasn't worked in years. She is on a mission. Indeed she may even say she has a job (when in fact she is still being supported by her current husband). In this case, watch out for over-grooming. Her nails, outfit, hair and make-up have probably taken most of the day to perfect. After all, her investment is herself

I think most of you will be saved by your shoes
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post

sandals
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

For those of you still earning without having to have taken rate cuts recently watch out!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/portal/ma...116.xml&page=2

If you meet a woman (and lets face it pulling birds is not exactly a contractor strong point is it? )

1 Her eyes will clock your car keys to check you drive an expensive machine. She'll also take in your shoes and your watch. Be aware of her eyes subtly darting around you.
      I'm pretty "stealth" in some of these. My shoes and my watch are good quality, in understated good taste, with no "brand" discernable. And I'm usually having the most expensive thing on the menu myself

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
        I'm pretty "stealth" in some of these. My shoes and my watch are good quality, in understated good taste, with no "brand" discernable. And I'm usually having the most expensive thing on the menu myself

Watch out then expat
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

I’m a little concerned that Mrs Tester’s getting accustomed to my income, with her spontaneous requests to be taken out for dinner and the array of new shoes and clothing that are presented to me each time I get home from a few days away working.

You know the scene. ‘I didn’t spend all that much, but what do you think of this dress?’ You have to bite your lips top avoid saying ‘it’s foooking ugly, it makes you’re a*se look enormous and I can’t understand how you paid that kind of money for it when everyone knows it was sown together by an illiterate 7 year old in Cambodia, and anyway, you’ve got four wardrobes full of clothes you never wear’

At least Mrs Tester has a nearly full time job though, so things could be worse.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Watch out then expat
            "My shoes and my watch are good quality, in understated good taste"

No worries, I can't say the same for my mug!

Comment

Where can I get me one of those?
              Who has time? Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have time?

Comment

Lesson is - Stick with trophy wive's
                Coffee's for closers

Comment

2 She won't waste time with much small talk; within the first 10 minutes she will have established how rich you are. This will be a covert operation as she doesn't want you to think she is a gold-digger. Simple questions such as ''Where did you go on holiday this year?'' or ''Have you ever done the Cresta Run?'' are, in fact, loaded.

3 She will choose the most expensive item on the menu or the most expensive drink.

4 She will be dressed provocatively and flirt without first finding out if you're involved with someone else. She has no scruples about stealing another woman's man.

5 She may be highly educated, an Oxford graduate for example, but beware an intelligent woman who plays down her academic achievements and hasn't worked in years. She is on a mission. Indeed she may even say she has a job (when in fact she is still being supported by her current husband). In this case, watch out for over-grooming. Her nails, outfit, hair and make-up have probably taken most of the day to perfect. After all, her investment is herself

I met her at my last contract. Scarily accurate!

Nearly cost me a divorce.
                  First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

I am a trophy husband.

Comment

Working...
                    X