• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

One for the agents!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One for the agents!

So was speaking to an Agent friend of mine this morning who I've known for a number of years. Was actually surprised at some of the stuff he had to go through.

Last week he placed an add for a developer - he got the usual hoard of CV's followed by numerous calls from people even though he specified on the role ONLY EMAIL.

Two in particular kept on phoning him every 30 mins on the day the role got released asking how many people have applied and whether he is still the strongest candidate yada yada yada. He then went on to describe other instances of candidates that just surprised me! Some contractors just have no self respect or morals!

Any of the agents here got any stories on contractors and there stupid behaviour?

Originally posted by Liability View Post
    Any of the agents here got any stories on contractors and there stupid behaviour?
    I'm not an agent but apparently some contractors think the market is going to get better in February. How stupid is that.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      I'm not an agent but apparently some contractors think the market is going to get better in February. How stupid is that.
      Damn! I think that as well!

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/7752430.stm

About 850 agency workers are to lose their jobs at Jaguar Land Rover in the West Midlands and Warwickshire.

The IT and engineering staff at plants in Castle Bromwich, Solihull, Whitley, and Gaydon have been told their jobs will go by the end of the year.

Well there's 850 people it ain't getting better for.
        First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

So was speaking to an Agent friend of mine this morning who I've known for a number of years. Was actually surprised at some of the stuff he had to go through.

Last week he placed an add for a developer - he got the usual hoard of CV's followed by numerous calls from people even though he specified on the role ONLY EMAIL.

Two in particular kept on phoning him every 30 mins on the day the role got released asking how many people have applied and whether he is still the strongest candidate yada yada yada. He then went on to describe other instances of candidates that just surprised me! Some contractors just have no self respect or morals!

That's what he is paid to deal with, it goes with the territory.
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
            That's what he is paid a pittance to deal with, it goes with the territory.
            Me, me, me...

Comment

How rude of those contractors.

Of course, being an agent he never makes any unwanted phone calls of his own, and only responds to clients who politely email their requirements.

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
                How rude of those contractors.

Of course, being an agent he never makes any unwanted phone calls of his own, and only responds to clients who politely email their requirements.
                Quite
                Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

So was speaking to an Agent friend of mine this morning
                  Warning! Warning! Danger, Will Robinson!
                  It does not compute!

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
                    Warning! Warning! Danger, Will Robinson!
                    It does not compute!
                    The Agents were created by us. They evolved. They rebelled. There are many copies. And they have a plan."

Don't sleep with the toasters!

Comment

Working...
                    X