• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Im off outta here thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im off outta here thread

in admist all this woe, who is thinking of saying cheerio to the uk and going travelling or an extended break somewhere?

location(s)?
    length of time thinking for the trip?
    when are you leaving?

for me:

Laos
    3 weeks over xmas/new year

then either
    -Berlin for more work
    or
    -Indonesia to some of the eastern islands for 4-6 months (much cheepness=long stayness )
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Central America for three weeks January flying BA Club World, Israel in September flying BA First Class, who says I'm in denial.

"I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
      then either
      -Berlin for more work
      or
      -Indonesia to some of the eastern islands for 4-6 months (much cheepness=long stayness )
      If you have no ties and no regular expenses that you can't close down while away, that is for sure. In the 1980s I got an entire year in South America on $5000, including air fares, and travelling round most of the place. Can't do it now, mortgage, pension, credit cards, cars, etc etc etc

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
        Can't do it now, mortgage, pension, credit cards, cars, etc etc etc
        Maybe if you reduced your time spent on CUK you'd earn plenty of money and then can post 24/7 from retirement island?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          Maybe if you reduced your time spent on CUK you'd earn plenty of money and then can post 24/7 from retirement island?
          You have over 11,000 posts, Alexei.

Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Xenophon View Post

about the same as sasgurus post count
            Coffee's for closers

Comment

I do earn plenty of money.

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
                I do earn plenty of money.
                Why do you moan then about it saying "can't do it now" then? Just lower your standards a bit - go to Blackpool or Brighton

Comment

Originally posted by Xenophon View Post

Getting closer to the post count I had on the old board. Well over it if you sum up postcounts of all my sockpuppets.

Comment

Getting closer to the post count I had on the old board. Well over it if you sum up postcounts of all my sockpuppets.
                    So you're close to a quarter of a million then?
                    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Working...
                    X