• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Insurance question

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insurance question

I am currently working for a Police force in the UK and will have to provide support when a new system goes live. This support involves working in the custody suites where potentially, prisoners could bring in knives, etc (if not searched properly)

Does anyone have any advice about getting insurance (if a police officer gets injured they have sick pay, pensions, etc)

Cheers

Are you working there on contract ?
    The last time I worked for the Police they would not take me on as a contractor, so I was employed as a full time member of staff on a fixed term contract for 6 months. The money was crap but the job was interesting.
    As far as working in the Custody Suite goes (I take it you are referring to the Charge Bar and surrounding area) don't worry about it. As soon as they get notification that a prisoner is being brought in you'll be told to leave the area immediately until it's clear.

Comment

Originally posted by Toad
      Are you working there on contract ?
      The last time I worked for the Police they would not take me on as a contractor, so I was employed as a full time member of staff on a fixed term contract for 6 months. The money was crap but the job was interesting.
      As far as working in the Custody Suite goes (I take it you are referring to the Charge Bar and surrounding area) don't worry about it. As soon as they get notification that a prisoner is being brought in you'll be told to leave the area immediately until it's clear.
      Cheers. Yep I'm on contract. Been there 18 months (regular 3 monthly extensions.) Cheers for the advice about the custody suite

Comment

can't you ask to borrow one of those met-vests?

Comment

Working...
        X