• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jobstats on Monday

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jobstats on Monday

Poll to follow.
    slightly up, Brown bounce and all that
    10.53%
    the same, doom is constant
    2.63%
    down just like last few months
    26.32%
    falling like an anvil down a well
    39.47%
    AndyW / JobStats won't be bothered to update
    21.05%
    Cats are evil.

Can't believe so many of you took the AndyW option. Do you really think I am that slack? Fingers crossed the update will be there for Monday, I feel like my honour is at stake now. Still cracking on with the new version. I am bored now of saying "in the next couple of weeks" but honestly, it could well be Actually may be Tuesday as the last of the data may not be gathered until then.

Looks like we could see job volumes drop to 2003 levels. Will we go lower though? All the news appears to be bad, can't see this letting up for some time yet myself. The speed of the crash has surprised a lot of people and I think 2009 will bring more redundancies and a consistently low volume of jobs available.

Comment

So, it really looks like the good old days really were good and not some nostalgic faulty memory.

The peak hourly rate was 68 in 2000, never been bettered in nominal never mind real terms.

Why does it feel like we just came out of the last IT downturn?

Comment

Originally posted by bobhope View Post
        So, it really looks like the good old days really were good and not some nostalgic faulty memory.

The peak hourly rate was 68 in 2000, never been bettered in nominal never mind real terms.

Why does it feel like we just came out of the last IT downturn?
        Your peak hourly rate was £68?!!

What do you pleb's do that means the absolute max you ever get is £68 per hour?
        The pope is a tard.

Comment

I voted 'down'. The contract market seems to roughly mirror the stock market. Compare and contrast:

FTSE since '96

http://www.moneyweek.com/financialchartimage.aspx?show_header=1&tiny_chart= 1&chart_primary_ticker=UKX&chart_time_period=All&c o_dimension^width=510&co_dimension^height=349&fina nce_chart=1&plot_colour=fffff2&chart_moving_av erage_1_type=sma&chart_moving_average_1_period =&chart_moving_average_2_type=sma&chart_mo ving_average_2_period=&chart_moving_average_3_ type=sma&chart_moving_average_3_period=

JobStats

http://www.jobstats.co.uk/jobstats.d...S.d/index.html
          Cats are evil.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post

We all wish we were you SA.... you are amazing... and you earn so much.... can I have your autograph please?

Comment

Not everything pays as much as your niche market, my dear!
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

60 for me SA

What are your main skills Sally

(\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                  60 for me SA

What are your main skills Sally

Negotiation by the looks of it.
                  Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Looks like "AndyW" was the correct poll option.

http://www.jobstats.co.uk/

(to be fair, Jobstats said it may be Tuesday...)
                    Cats are evil.

Comment

Working...
                    X