• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Recession??? No, move along, nothing to see here...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recession??? No, move along, nothing to see here...

I went into PC World today (I know, I know ) to buy an external hard drive.

Normal price £59.99, but at the till they have already factored the reduction in VAT from Monday.

So I saved a whopping £1.28.

With measures like that, I think our economy will turn the corner

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
    I went into PC World today (I know, I know ) to buy an external hard drive.

Normal price £59.99, but at the till they have already factored the reduction in VAT from Monday.

So I saved a whopping £1.28.

With measures like that, I think our economy will turn the corner
    PC World will be in administration on Monday. You could have bought it next week for a fiver
    Cats are evil.

Comment

Originally posted by swamp View Post
      PC World will be in administration on Monday. You could have bought it next week for a fiver
      yeh but theyll have IT jobs as well by Tuesday so its win-win

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
        Normal price £59.99

£39.99 everywhere else, so you still lost out!

Went into my local PC World at the weekend for a laugh. Only stepped about 5 metres into the place before I had a gang of bored, desperate sales people chasing me around the isles Benny Hill style.

Was waiting for them to play the theme tune over the tannoy, and at least one of the birds to chuck her kit off down to the basque and stockings. They didn't even have an old baldie for me to slap on the head.

Customer service is poor as ever.
        Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
        Feist - I Feel It All
        Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

The only other acceptable type of visit to PC World apart from checking laptops and other goodies and buying them online, is to order cheaper PC World part with collection in store - they don't look pleased I tell ya!

Comment

Originally posted by swamp View Post
            you could probably buy the whole of DSG for a fiver!
            Who has time? Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have time?

Comment

Originally posted by stingman123 View Post
              you could probably buy the whole of DSG for a fiver!
              Yes, but even Threaded couldn't afford the interest payments on their debts...
              ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Working...
              X