• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bye Bye Permie Land

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bye Bye Permie Land

After 6 miserable months as a permie i've finally come to my senses and got another contract (it's a six monther with overtime at ten quid an hour more than my last contract) Only thing is I'm on a three month notice period. Due to start my contract in a week!!
    Any advice how to leave permie land quickly??
    whats the lowest you can do this for?

Since you have already made your plans, what suggestions are you expecting exactly? Just leave? What are they likely to do other than perhaps not pay you for any part of the month you have already worked?
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Many permy employers won't take on ex-contractors because of behaviour like your's. Pity, because I've met a few contractors would genuinely like to return to permiedom.

Comment

serves them right for a 3 month notice period

tell 'em to stick their stooopid job up their backsides

Milan.

Comment

What Stack

Stack, i was contracting at this place, they told me 6 months into it that they could not renew but I could go perm. I insisted on a few conditions about my position they agreed, 6 months into it none of the conditions have been met, no bonus paid even though delivery and release timescales have been met - I amdoing the same job as I was but just earning less.....
          Even worse than that is three contractor's who were also given the perm or nothing ultimatum are still on contract.
          So Milan is right.......fek em....pity they paid a small fortune to the agency to buy me out of the contract......

Comment

excellent Hank I hope they paid a fortune to get you

that's what I love about contracting, everything is black or white it's either in the contract or it's not take it or leave it

get into permy land and everything is elastic, there will be a bonus there won't be there will be perks there won't be, flexibility for long hours yawn zzzz

Milan.

Comment

hmm

so you have been there a year?

They always intended you to be a permie, otherwise they wouldn't have forced you from being a permatemp into a permie?

They haven't fulfilled the promises in the employment contract.

hmm I feel a constructive / unfair dismissal case coming on. Or maybe I'd best leave today with one months notice salary?

Any employer that forces anyone under very senior manager into a 3 month notice period needs shafting anyway. run very fast!
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Senior

To them I am senior I guess, they gave me a salary of mid 50's.......prob top 5% in the company

Comment

Sorry Hank, I didn't know that.

Comment

Originally posted by HankWangford
                    Any advice how to leave permie land quickly??
                    Smear poo on the CEO's office windows and hide in the boiler room whilst chirping like a small bird. Unfortunately my CEO went to Winchester, where such behaviour is de rigueur, so it's never worked out as planned, but it has led to several invites to his house at the weekend for a spot of golf and wife swapping.
                    Autom...Sprow...Canna...Tik banna...Sandwol...But no sera smee

Comment

Working...
                    X